Foren

Configuring default permissions

thumbnail
Jonathan Hayward, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Configuring default permissions

Regular Member Beiträge: 209 Beitrittsdatum: 20.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
What are the options for configuring default permissions on journaling content for users and roles?

If an installation has a certain number of communities and each user assigned one primary and possibly only role within the user's community (these primary roles being non-overlapping--essentially, a role is a grouping of job titles, and a community is an area of the company), I would like to configure something like "When a user of role X belonging to community Y adds an article of type Z, this is the grid of permissions that will apply except as specifically overridden by the user."

What facilities exist for configuring default permissions, and what documentation exists for this sort of thing?

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail
Artur Linhart, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

RE: Configuring default permissions

Expert Beiträge: 459 Beitrittsdatum: 13.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

did You find the solution for this issue? I would also like to configure it in a similar way... I think to have the default permissions for new article ist pretty obvious functionality of the CMS, isn't it?

with regards, Archie
thumbnail

Artur Linhart:
did You find the solution for this issue? I would also like to configure it in a similar way... I think to have the default permissions for new article ist pretty obvious functionality of the CMS, isn't it?

I haven't found much more on this; right now, I'd just check with the administrative permissioning interface and see what is allowed. It seems to allow fairly fine-grained manual permissioning, but I'm not sure how to create fine-grained automatic rules.

Jonathan Hayward
Jonathan's Corner: A Glimpse into Eastern Orthodox Christianity
thumbnail

Hm, I think this could be maybe possible with the workflow-definition, but I do not have any idea if an how the workflow definition really works... But if it works, this could be an option. If I habe some time I will look on it and try to understand how the workflow definition should work :-)

with regards, Archie
thumbnail

Artur Linhart:
Hm, I think this could be maybe possible with the workflow-definition, but I do not have any idea if an how the workflow definition really works... But if it works, this could be an option. If I habe some time I will look on it and try to understand how the workflow definition should work :-)

Have you found anything? If you do find something good, please post.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Till now I did not made a research on this fact, I will let You know if I will have something...
thumbnail

Artur Linhart:
Till now I did not made a research on this fact, I will let You know if I will have something...

Thanks!

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Hello,

I did not coma to it, but the workflow is discussed now in the thread http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/message/115158
- so if I get some info, will write it there...

with regards, Archie