Foren

Imported Web Content Doesn't Display Images in Liferay 6.1.1

thumbnail
Peter Hancox, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Imported Web Content Doesn't Display Images in Liferay 6.1.1

Junior Member Beiträge: 45 Beitrittsdatum: 06.07.05 Neueste Beiträge
Currently migrating a Liferay (5.2.3) portal to Liferay (6.1.1-ce-ga2) portal. In order to start with a "clean" portal, the new portal is being created with a blank database and the pages imported via a LAR file that was exported from the current production 5.2.3 portal updated using standard upgrade for each major version via a series of interim environments using the basic tomcat bundles.

Short story is that everything appears to work fine up until the final tomcat-bundle 6.1.1 environment. In this environment web content pages display images correctly. However, after exporting to LAR file and importing into the new clean production 6.1.1 portal, the pages are there, the images are in the documents and media library but the images are not displayed.

The new production environment is more complex as Liferay is deployed as a regular Tomcat application on a Linux Amazon host where it has been moved off the root context. However, everything else works as expected and just to be sure this issue isn't caused by the more complex environment, I repeated the import into a standard tomcat-bundle running under Windows and the results were exactly the same.

In summary, I have a working Liferay (6.1.1) bundle that when I export/import the pages into a clean Liferay (6.1.1) portal, the web content pages do not display images. The following notes apply to both the Tomcat application deployment and the Windows tomcat-bundle environment.

If I edit the web content, the image tag has src="/image/image_gallery?uuid=1ead ... I can select the image from the document and media library but now the image tag has src="/portal/documents/10606/12461/u12w3/1eada ... and it will disply correctly. I can understand the reference changing since the original web content page was authored in version 5.2.3 where images were stored in the database via the image gallery.

What I can't understand is that the portal (6.1.1) that the LAR file was exported from displays the images correctly even though it's image tags also have src="/image/image_gallery?uuid=1ead ... references.

I did notice many of these messages when importing the LAR file. Could this be related to the issue?

WARN  [http-bio-8080-exec-10][JournalPortletDataHandlerImpl:771] An article with the ID 14864 already exists. The new generated ID is 14788

It looks as if something may be broken in the LAR import process. Has anyone else had similar experience?
thumbnail

RE: Imported Web Content Cannot Find Images in Liferay 6.1.1

This may well be related to permissions.

The "working" deployment from which the LAR was exported isn't actually working properly. Images are displayed only when signed in, they aren't displayed for guest user. Tomcat access logs show a 403 return code when accessing "/image/image_gallery?uuid= ...." URL when not signed in and return code 200 when signed in. I originally thought the image was being displayed for guests but it had been cached by the browser. A page refresh when not signed in results in 403 return code on Tomcat access log.

Signed in or not doesn't make any difference in the clean portal where the pages were created from the LAR file; Tomcat always logs 404 return code (not sure why it is 404 under Linux and 403 under Windows?) Anyway the user that owned the image in the original 5.2.3 portal won't exist in the clean portals where the pages were imported so that might explain why the image is never displayed in those environments. Permissions display from the "Documents and Media" panel look OK and when the image reference is recreated from here it works. Possible images obtained via "/image/image_gallery?uuid= ...." URL are not having permissions processed the same way?
Pierre Le roux, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Imported Web Content Cannot Find Images in Liferay 6.1.1

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 20.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, i have the same problem.

Did you find a solution ?
thumbnail

RE: Imported Web Content Doesn't Display Images in Liferay 6.1.1

Depends which part of the problem you're interested in :-)

There are many bugs / issues that resulted in the grief mentioned in the original post. And my diagnosis was somewhat clouded by the browser cache concealing the effect of my changes causing me to make the wrong conclusion at times and giving me different results each time I retried tests.

You should probably take a look at these bugs I've raised:

In short, I've been able to successfully migrate to 6.1.1 but the LAR export / import will require some developer attention to get resolved I think.

The previously mentioned
WARN  [http-bio-8080-exec-10][JournalPortletDataHandlerImpl:771] An article with the ID 14864 already exists. The new generated ID is 14788
I believe someone else has raised as a bug though it is supposed to be harmless.
Mudasar Kalwar, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 23 Beitrittsdatum: 13.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Peter Hancox:
Depends which part of the problem you're interested in :-)

There are many bugs / issues that resulted in the grief mentioned in the original post. And my diagnosis was somewhat clouded by the browser cache concealing the effect of my changes causing me to make the wrong conclusion at times and giving me different results each time I retried tests.

You should probably take a look at these bugs I've raised:

In short, I've been able to successfully migrate to 6.1.1 but the LAR export / import will require some developer attention to get resolved I think.

The previously mentioned
I believe someone else has raised as a bug though it is supposed to be harmless.

Hi Peter,

I have few things to ask , would you like to answer? .
1. can you please tell me the steps of migration , you have done during migration.
as I am also trying to migrate to 6.1.0 GA1 from 5.2.3, I have some issues like documents are not visible all links to documents are broken, and I can't see the pages from control panel. It is not loading the pages, web content in control panel while it is showing pages and web contents in fron end of site.

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Mudasar,

It's been a while since I was working on this so my answer will be brief. I'll be testing the migration again in a few weeks or when the next Liferay update is released.

In summary, I migrated from 5.2.3 to 6.0.6 to 6.1.1 GA2. The final step for me was to export/import via LAR file from the original instance (now migrated to 6.1.1) into a clean 6.1.1 instance.

To work around the problem with permissions you will need to upgrade the permissions algorithm before migrating to 6.1.1 See the bug referenced earlier which indicates that this is now fixed for the upcoming release. However, unless you have a reason not to upgrade the permissions algorithm, doing it after 6.0.6 migration successfully works around the problem.

Looks as if the LAR export/import bug is also fixed in the upcoming release which is why I've pretty much put my migration testing on hold until the next release.

REGARDS
Mudasar Kalwar, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 23 Beitrittsdatum: 13.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks peter for your response,

I am confuse, if you have migrated from 5.2.3 to 6.0.6 to 6.1.1 GA2 , then why you import the LAR ? for you data ? I have migrated all my code to 6.1.0 Ga1 successfully , just having some issues with data like, documents, images and some how control panel is not showing some info like pages, while pages are there I can navigate to them.

Yes I have migrated the permission algorithm successfully.

Thanks
thumbnail

The LAR export/import is just to get from my development chain into a "clean" production instance. Not necessary as part of the general upgrade.

If you migrated the permission algorithm after upgrading from 6.0.x to 6.1.x then the upgrade will not have transferred permissions on some objects and you won't see them. The permissions upgrade after upgrading to 6.1.x will still work but it's too late for the permissions that got lost. Can't recall any problems with control panel myself. I think my problems were mostly to do with images on web content pages.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 529 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Peter,

I've fixed your issue : http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-29722 so with trunk it should work now.

Regards,
Vilmos
thumbnail

Thanks Vilmos,

Any idea when the first release containing the fix will be available? If it's out soon I'll wait for it rather than building from trunk myself.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 529 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Peter,

Sorry, I have no idea emoticon

Regards,
Vilmos