Foren

Liferay.com community forum participants tops 20,000 users!

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay.com community forum participants tops 20,000 users!

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Congratulations everybody, forum participants topped 20,000 users today. emoticon

I think liferay forum is one of the most active open source forum on the net.
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Liferay.com community forum participants tops 20,000 users!

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
20k users, 228k messages.

An average of 11.4 messages per user? Wow, that's low.

The average for the leaderboard (top 20) is 1636 messages per leader. Very respectable, I'd say, and it's great knowing that the leaderboard is not just Liferay employees (we are happy you guys (employees) are participating! ).
thumbnail

thumbnail
Brian Chan, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
James, you crack me up with those pics.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
20k users, 228k messages.

The average for the leaderboard (top 20) is 1636 messages per leader. Very respectable, I'd say, and it's great knowing that the leaderboard is not just Liferay employees (we are happy you guys (employees) are participating! ).

Yeah, definitely. There are a lot of one-and-done question askers and captcha-defeating spam bots, so I think the true number is higher. But still, there is now pirating of Liferay books and software, so interest is high at least emoticon
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
I've also noticed the difficulty and complexity level of questions has risen significantly. No more easy questions where I tell people to just change this property emoticon...so I think the number of posts has also been cut down by better documentation. emoticon
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 329 Beitrittsdatum: 23.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
@amos I've noticed that as well! The documentation for 6.1 is fantastic. I bet that significantly cut down on the "easy" questions.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 311 Beitrittsdatum: 17.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Brian Scott Schupbach:
@amos I've noticed that as well! The documentation for 6.1 is fantastic. I bet that significantly cut down on the "easy" questions.

Apparently, I need to post more to stay ahead of Brian Scott Schupbach. emoticon
thumbnail

This is just an average of those who posted. I'm sure there are many more who have registered but haven't posted yet.
thumbnail
Priyanka Dhingra, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 501 Beitrittsdatum: 20.12.11 Neueste Beiträge
Its feels great to be a part of it....To help , to discuss, to get the answers and above all to learn the different dimensions of Liferay..Forum is the best place to learn fast and best
thumbnail
Dhrutika Parekh, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 435 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Great to know this.Liferay Forum is the best way to find out your problems and provide solutions to others.

Regards,
Dhrutika
thumbnail
Brian Kim, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 311 Beitrittsdatum: 17.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Congratulations everybody, forum participants topped 20,000 users today. emoticon

I think liferay forum is one of the most active open source forum on the net.

Hitoshi and David, thanks for helping us get there.
thumbnail

Hitoshi and David, thanks for helping us get there.

We're all in this together. There's no turning back.

I'm going to try to promote liferay as a cloud development platform. With Rod Johnson leaving Vmware, I think the market for cloud development has once again opened.
I think most developers would want to develop locally (compared to on the cloud) and run in on the cloud. I think the remote portlet deployment feature in liferay IDE and in liferay portal (which was almost deleted in 6.1.1) is what developers really what.
Niko Humalamäki, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 21.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Ok, so this is THE discussion place emoticon One thing that would be cool to have here would be positive feedback, eg. thanks button if someone posts a useful post (or is there such functionality already?) I only see a red flag. Many posts have been lonely and non-commented that have been of use for me.
thumbnail

You're welcomed to write a thank you reply as some people have been doing. I think it's better to write thank you reply rather than just press a button. :-)

You're also welcomed to reply to posts too.

Liferay forum aren't strict question and answer forums but more of community information exchange so feel free to post. emoticon

Hitoshi Ozawa:
You're welcomed to write a thank you reply as some people have been doing. I think it's better to write thank you reply rather than just press a button. :-)

You're also welcomed to reply to posts too.

Liferay forum aren't strict question and answer forums but more of community information exchange so feel free to post. emoticon

Thanks for the welcome! I will post, if I have something to say.. still learning.

I was thinking that one could indentify a usefull post or hot topic at a glance at no. of thanks, sort of ranking like in stack overflow or for example maemo.talk.org... just a thought for Santa, would add some info on the popularity of a topic or post.. though I have no idea how feasible that kind of thing would be for the way liferay community works.
thumbnail

Liferay supports ratings. Unfortunately, it's not activated here at liferay.com forum. I think it's because liferay forums are more of a community idea exchange rather than question and answer type such as in stack overflow. I think there are several questions concerning liferay there for people who just want answers to their question.

BTW, if you have a request to make, it's better to start a new thread then replying on this thread so more people will see it.
thumbnail

Niko Humalamäki:

Thanks for the welcome! I will post, if I have something to say.. still learning.

I was thinking that one could indentify a usefull post or hot topic at a glance at no. of thanks, sort of ranking like in stack overflow or for example maemo.talk.org... just a thought for Santa, would add some info on the popularity of a topic or post.. though I have no idea how feasible that kind of thing would be for the way liferay community works.

Hey Niko, this thought has been tossed around in the community a couple of times - I think it would be useful as well (and there are a couple of suggestion/requests in the 'suggestions and new features' forum). Perhaps there could be a 4th ordering button (next to "flat/hierarchical/combination" buttons we have today) that allows you to order it based on message rank (number of +1's / -1's). This assumes we would need to turn on rating again. Could you file an issues.liferay.com ticket so we can get started tracking it? I did a search and didn't find any that came close to this, but I know the "stack overflow" feature has been discussed several times.

Thanks for pointing that out, there it is: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-29231 hope it's ok and in a right place emoticon
thumbnail

It's really more complicated here at liferay.com because users are encouraged to write Wiki articles on useful information. I think Wiki articles currently already have rating on. Wikis are much easier to do because I don't have to search through several posts and there's tags and links.
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 803 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Feeling lucky !!!!!! I am also part of this enthusiastic Community
thumbnail
Luis Mas, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 146 Beitrittsdatum: 18.05.09 Neueste Beiträge
Congratulations!