Foren

Liferay 6.1 and Icefaces 1.82 push server issue

thumbnail
William Gosse, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay 6.1 and Icefaces 1.82 push server issue

Liferay Master Beiträge: 533 Beitrittsdatum: 04.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
I'm having an issue with deploying Icefaces 1.82 push server on to Liferay 6.1.
Even though the push-server.war is getting deployed ok in the webapp directory Icefaces says it can't find it.
This combo worked fine in 6.05.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Liferay 6.1 and Icefaces 1.82 push server issue

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2655 Beitrittsdatum: 27.07.05 Neueste Beiträge
Probably best for you to open an issue with ICEsoft. The only (currently open) issue that I'm aware of regarding the Enterprise Push Server is FACES-1171.
thumbnail

Hi Neil,

How are you and congrads on your new job.

Deploying the push server or not is kind of side show to a bigger issue I have. I added some new portlets to a new portal I've been developing started getting the following exceptions below. Eventually Icefaces just stops responding to requests. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find an answer to this problem and thought the push server would help. I've never seen this exception before and hop you might have some insights:

2012-06-25 14:05:11,523 ERROR PersistentFacesState:181 - Exception occured during execute push on /jspx/battlecards/battlecardsDisplay.jspx
javax.faces.FacesException: javax.faces.model.NoRowAvailableException
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:128)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
at com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.PersistentFacesState.render(PersistentFacesState.java:175)
at com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.PersistentFacesState.executeAndRender(PersistentFacesState.java:311)
at com.icesoft.faces.async.render.RunnableRender.run(RunnableRender.java:141)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: javax.faces.model.NoRowAvailableException
at javax.faces.model.ListDataModel.getRowData(ListDataModel.java:150)
at com.icesoft.faces.component.panelseries.UISeries.getRowData(UISeries.java:130)
at com.icesoft.faces.component.panelseries.UISeries.loadRowToRequestMap(UISeries.java:181)
at com.icesoft.faces.component.panelseries.UISeries.processCurrentRowData(UISeries.java:172)
at com.icesoft.faces.component.panelseries.UISeries.setRowIndex(UISeries.java:146)
at com.icesoft.faces.component.ext.renderkit.TableRenderer.encodeChildren(TableRenderer.java:912)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:840)
at com.icesoft.faces.renderkit.dom_html_basic.DomBasicRenderer.encodeParentAndChildren(DomBasicRenderer.java:357)
at com.icesoft.faces.renderkit.dom_html_basic.GroupRenderer.encodeChildren(GroupRenderer.java:95)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:840)
at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHandler.java:493)
at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHandler.java:498)
at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHandler.java:498)
at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHandler.java:468)
at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:158)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
... 7 more
thumbnail

Any chance you can upgrade to ICEfaces 3 and Liferay Faces Bridge? ICEfaces 1.8 sends all Ajax requests directly to the PersistenFacesServlet, which bypasses the portlet lifecycle. One big benefit of upgrading is that all Ajax requests go through the portlet container as ResourceRequests.

Please paste some/all of the markup from battlecardsDisplay.jspx, especially the ice:panelSeries part.
thumbnail

Hi Neil,

I've attached both the jspx and the backing bean. It's kind of a big portlet.

Thanks,

Not sure how difficult it would be to upgrade to 3.0. Tried going to 2.0 in the past but it broke some of my code. I have lots of other 1.82 portlet that seem to work fine on both this new portal and my old portal that's kind of why I stuck with 1.82.

One hypothesis I have is that the session is timeout while a popup is open.

I also start to see several "WARN ReceivePing:75 - could not get a valid queue for 26". Not sure if this is significant.

Also I'm not using any ice:panelSeries tags, but I am using datatables
thumbnail

I think there could be two problems in the following method:

public List<battlecardentry> getBattlecards() {
		battlecards = (List<battlecardentry>) ApplicationAttribute
				.getApplicationAttribute(CURRENT_BATTLECARDS_KEY);
		// we only want to sortColumnName if the column or ordering has changed.
		if (!oldSort.equals(sortColumnName) || oldAscending != ascending) {
			sort();
			oldSort = sortColumnName;
			oldAscending = ascending;
		}

SessionRenderer.render(groupName);
		return battlecards;
	}
</battlecardentry></battlecardentry>

1) Performance: Since managed-bean getter methods can be called many many times during the execution of the JSF lifecycle, the recommended practice is to always use lazy-initialization. For example:

public List<battlecardentry> getBattlecards() {

if (battlecards == null) {
			battlecards = (List<battlecardentry>) ApplicationAttribute
					.getApplicationAttribute(CURRENT_BATTLECARDS_KEY);
			// we only want to sortColumnName if the column or ordering has changed.
			if (!oldSort.equals(sortColumnName) || oldAscending != ascending) {
				sort();
				oldSort = sortColumnName;
				oldAscending = ascending;
			}

SessionRenderer.render(groupName);
		}
		return battlecards;
	}
</battlecardentry></battlecardentry>

I would also recommend that you put in a System.err.println at the top of the method to see how often it gets called. I bet it's called a lot.

2) The call to SessionRenderer.render(groupName) should not be in a getter-method like this. Instead, it should be called when a button is clicked by the user, or when an asynchronous event happens on the server. Also because of problem#1, the call to SessionRenderer.render(groupName) is probably happening a bunch of times.
thumbnail

Oh boy, I can't believe I put the SessionRenderer.render(groupName) call in a getter. I've used this hundreds of times before but never inside a getter. I just went back and double checked my usage of SessionRenderer.render(groupName) in my other code. In no other case was it in a getter. I must of had a momentary lapse of sanity.
I'm hoping that this might be the cause of my original problem only because I've never experienced this issue before with any of my previous code.

In any event its a necessary fix.

Thanks Neil for catching this one for me.
thumbnail

My pleasure Bill -- hope everything works out fine.
thumbnail

Removing that render for the getter did clear up my NoRowFound exception.

But I'm still seeing "WARN ReceivePing:75 - could not get a valid queue for" in my log.

Can you tell me what that's about?
thumbnail

Hi Bill,

I haven't seen that one before. You might want to search the ICEsoft Issue Tracker or the ICEsoft forums to see if anyone has run into that.

Neil
thumbnail
Neil Francese, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 03.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Ever find out what this error was from?
thumbnail
William Gosse, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Sorry but this was a while back so I don't remember if it ever got resolved. I've moved onto Primefaces since then.