Foren

How to restore Liferay after a db problem

thumbnail
Andres Gomez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

How to restore Liferay after a db problem

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 02.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
I have a Liferay portal running in production, that uses DB2 express-C as data repository.

I stopped Liferay in order to configure DB2 (archive logs), and realize an offline backup. Once I finished, I restart Liferay, but it hangs.

In the web page it says:

HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.getCDNHostHttp()Ljava/lang/String;
com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreActionExt.servicePre(ServicePreActionExt.java:937)
com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreActionExt.run(ServicePreActionExt.java:148)

I didin't do anything with Liferay's files, however it is complete stopped.
I do not know what to do, and the portal is currently down.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: How to restore Liferay after a db problem

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.getCDNHostHttp()Ljava/lang/String;

This seems to suggest problem with liferay itself rather than the database.

Did you have cdn.host= set in portal-ext.properties?
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Content+Delivery+Network
thumbnail
Andres Gomez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: How to restore Liferay after a db problem (Antwort)

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 02.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Thanks for you assistance, however the CDN parameter did not solve the problem. What I did was: to replace the ROOT webapp from a fresh installation, and Liferay could be restarted again.

This webapp got corrupted at shutdown. I was shutting down Liferay, when I executed the db2's quiesce command. This command closes all conections, and it prevents applications to restablish connections. I think Liferay could not finished all transactions at stop time, however the problem was in the ROOT application and not in the database.