Foren

portlet borders

gordon daniels, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

portlet borders

Liferay Master Beiträge: 797 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
Yes, once again someone posts about portlet borders. If you search forums, many people ask this question, and there are many answers. I have tried them all and they don't work.

I am using 6.1ga1 w/tomcat bundle. I have tried modifying liferay-look-and-feel by changing the default of show portlet borders to false. Restarted server. That did not work. Tried putting theme.portlet.decorate.default=false in portal-ext.properties. That did not work.

Does anyone know how to get rid of portlet borders. BTW, I am not listing all the suggestions on how to remove borders. Hopefully, someone will be able to say, do this and it will remove borders.

Or is this a bug in 6.1ga1?

thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: portlet borders

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
You can click on portlet's "option" icon in the upper right corner of the portlet and then click on "Look and Feel" and uncheck option to show borders.

Hi Hitoshi,

Yes, I am familiar with that. However, there is over 50 pages with an average of 4 portlets per page. It would be nice to do this programatically.

thanks
thumbnail

I just tested on Liferay 6.1.0 GA2 Tomcat bundle and didn't get any borders.
Manage -> Page -> Public Page -> Look and Feel
Uncheck "Show Portlet Borders by Default"

From your description, did you set Look and Feel on each portlet to show borders? If you did, you have to unset them.

I don't have an an option under look and feel for portlet borders. What am I missing?

Also, how did you get 6.1.ga2?

just went into another portal I had running and the setting exists there. Not sure what the difference is on the other one.

thanks for the info.

6.1ga2?
thumbnail

Also, how did you get 6.1.ga2?

Sorry, just a typo. It should have been GA1. Yet, the new release being developed is available in github.

I don't have an an option under look and feel for portlet borders. What am I missing?

Are you sure you have Liferay 6.1.x and not 6.0.6? Ability to set borders from GUI was supported in 6.1.0 and is unavailable in 6.0.6.

thanks - I have it.
Vijay Chandra, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 04.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I m also facing the same problem, as u said to uncheck show border, but in liferay6.1 show border is a dropdown contianing two values "yes" and "no", when i m selecting "no" nothing is happening.

Recently we migrated from Liferay 6.0 to 6.1 and faced a problem that, portlets which are having view.jsp and edit.jsp or portlet have edit option , portlet border (title and preference icon) are visible for those .But for the portlet having only view are not displaying any thing.
I added this piece of code in portle.xml for that particular portlet but not worked.
<portlet-preferences>
<preference>
<name>portletSetupShowBorders</name>
<value>false</value>
</preference>
</portlet-preferences>

Please help me if any working solution is there to hide the titles and icon for portlets when logged in as normal user

Thanks
Vijay Chandra Kondamudi
thumbnail
Ahmed bouchriha, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 55 Beitrittsdatum: 04.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
hi Vijay Chandra
if you have your applied theme source try to edit liferay-look-and-feel.xml file under docroot/web-inf/liferay-look-and-feel.xml by adding
on the <settings > tag :
<setting configurable="true" key="portlet-setup-show-borders-default" type="checkbox" value="false" />

than redeploy the theme you will be able to controls whether to show portlets border or not from your manage page -->look and feel -->settings

for custom themes feel free to visit https://www.themeray.com.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks fr the reply...i applied the solution of <setting> in liferay-portlet.xml but its vain... as u r saying to go with show border, it is displaying me two options as "Yes" and "No", its a drop down menu.when i m selecting "No" nothing is happening after refreshing the page i m able to see the borders with icon too..
thumbnail

hi Vijay Chandra

My solution is diffrent from the one you applied on liferay-portlet.xml and was consisting on adding <setting configurable="true" key="portlet-setup-show-borders-default" type="checkbox" value="false"/> on the theme that you are using like that all the portlets borders will hided for normal user and for admins you will have a littel bar that contain the controls i think that's what you are trying to achieve if its the case try to follow the steps described on my last reply but on the theme liferay-look-and-feel.xml file under docroot/web-inf/liferay-look-and-feel.xml not on liferay-portlet.xml it should work perfectly .

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks fr the reply .... I m facing prblm when i m using <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode> , all the portlets which are having this mode are displaying portletboders with spanner icon, wen clicked on it, is displaying preferences as option i dont want those icons and headers.The solution which u gave to apply on liferay-look-and-feel.xml is from docroot/WEB-INF only.

Portlets which are using only <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode> are not showing any titles and icons on header. They are working fine

as i m saying in liferay6.1 i m able to see only dropdown menu fr show border no checkbox, attaching a screenshot below showboder.png

Kindly suggest if u have any solution fr this problem

Thanks
Vijay Chandra Kondamudi
thumbnail

Hello Vijay Chandra

Sorry didn't get much time to answer you

it seems that you have a particular problem related to the borders of portlets that are using <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode> and since that i don't have much information about i will advice you to follow the steps i set here
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/23368051

and i wish this can help.