java.lang.NullPointerException error when changing theme
4. Mai 2012 18:31
Antwort

Brian Cohen

Rang: Junior Member

Nachrichten: 25

Eintrittsdatum: 3. Mai 2012

Neue Beiträge

I am logged in as a system Adminstrator, and have site Administrator and Owner roles as well. I downloaded and deployed some custom themes, and when I try to select them and save, I get this in catalina.out:

101:23:32,503 ERROR [render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
 2    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLogo(EditLayoutSetAction.java:209)
 3    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLayoutSet(EditLayoutSetAction.java:170)
 4    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.processAction(EditLayoutSetAction.java:80)
 5    at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:175)
 6    at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:190)
 7    at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:70)
 8    at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
 9    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:651)
10    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:686)
11    at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:361)
12    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:845)
13    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:633)
14    at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:244)
15    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
16    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
17    at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:174)
18    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
19    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
20    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
21    at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:533)

THis is on CentOS 6.2 64-bit with Java version:
1java -version
2java version "1.6.0_32"
3Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b05)
4Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.7-b02, mixed mode)

Any ideas?
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: java.lang.NullPointerException error when changing theme
4. Mai 2012 18:54
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Rang: Liferay Legend

Nachrichten: 7949

Eintrittsdatum: 23. März 2010

Neue Beiträge

Does the version of the theme you're trying to deploy supported by the version of liferay you're using? Theme isn't liferay version independent.
Brian Cohen
4. Mai 2012 19:24
Antwort

Brian Cohen

Rang: Junior Member

Nachrichten: 25

Eintrittsdatum: 3. Mai 2012

Neue Beiträge

It's the Cleap Community theme, and it says Liferay 6.0.4+

But even if I just use the Classic theme, and switch from Blue to Green, I get the same NullPointerException, and I see the follwing error in the browser (which I also saw beforehand when trying to switch themes entirely:

Site Pages is temporarily unavailable
Hitoshi Ozawa
5. Mai 2012 06:54
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Neue Beiträge

So which liferay version and bundle are you using?
David H Nebinger
5. Mai 2012 09:08
Antwort

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Nachrichten: 11285

Eintrittsdatum: 1. September 2006

Neue Beiträge

Brian Cohen:
I am logged in as a system Adminstrator, and have site Administrator and Owner roles as well. I downloaded and deployed some custom themes, and when I try to select them and save, I get this in catalina.out:

101:23:32,503 ERROR [render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
2    at com.liferay.portlet.layoutsadmin.action.EditLayoutSetAction.updateLogo(EditLayoutSetAction.java:209)

I'm guessing that there is a logo assigned in your settings (or org or community, whatever) that you do not have locally. Upload a replacement logo file and try again.
Hitoshi Ozawa
5. Mai 2012 15:14
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Neue Beiträge

I just installed in on my Liferay 6.1.0 without any problem. The theme is replacing the logo with the portal name.

Try "Control Panel" -> "Portal Settings" -> "Display Settings" . Make sure "Allow site administrators to use their own logo" is checked.
Romain Gaume
23. Mai 2012 09:08
Antwort

Romain Gaume

Rang: New Member

Nachrichten: 7

Eintrittsdatum: 22. Februar 2012

Neue Beiträge

Thanks, it's working for me.
Phill Ashworth
6. Juni 2012 06:09
Antwort

Phill Ashworth

Nachrichten: 4

Eintrittsdatum: 6. Juni 2012

Neue Beiträge

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I just installed in on my Liferay 6.1.0 without any problem. The theme is replacing the logo with the portal name.
Try "Control Panel" -> "Portal Settings" -> "Display Settings" . Make sure "Allow site administrators to use their own logo" is checked.

I have this option ticked but I am also getting the NPE on 6.1.0 when changing classic theme colour.
Any other suggestions?
Phill Ashworth
6. Juni 2012 08:03
Antwort

Phill Ashworth

Nachrichten: 4

Eintrittsdatum: 6. Juni 2012

Neue Beiträge

I fixed this by patching Glassfish as per http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-25521