Foren

ide : theme coding conventions

Valérie barbot, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

ide : theme coding conventions

Junior Member Beiträge: 72 Beitrittsdatum: 07.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
I use Liferay IDE to make Liferay Themes 6.1.
When I created a new theme, some directories are created: css, templates, images, and WEB-INF _diffs.
Coding conventions state that generally modified css files should be in _diffs.
But when I downloaded from SourceForge examples, there is no folder _diffs but changed files are in the original folders.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: ide : theme coding conventions

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
You have to check the version of the downloaded themes. I'm not sure when the _diffs folder was introduced, but it should be used in all 6.x themes.

You should also check the parent theme definition in build.xml. If there's no parent, the _diffs folder might not be necessary.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
_diff directory is primary to make YOUR own modification to liferay' source so it'll be easier to upgrade liferay.
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 208 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.09 Neueste Beiträge
you put your changed versions and any new files in the _diffs/css _diffs/images _diffs/templates etc folders

when SDK builds the theme it merges these with the original Liferay files (from ROOT/html/themes/_unstyled if I remember right) to update the non-_diffs folders in your theme (you will see for instance all the images copied into the themeid/images folder including any you added/changed in _diffs/images.

when you deploy the theme (or package for distribution to others) the _diffs folder is not included as they are no longer of any use.

That is why any downloaded themes do not have a diffs folder. If you wanted to see what they changed you would have to use a comparison tool like beyondcompare. on Windows.