Foren

remove plugins

gordon daniels, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

remove plugins

Liferay Master Beiträge: 797 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
You would think this would have been a simple search for an answer but no luck. I want to remove several plugins that came in tomcat bundle 6.1.ga1. I looked at the update manager in control panel but could not see a way of removing plugins.

Could someone point me to doc or tell me how to do this?

thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: remove plugins

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
The following thread gives a good answer to your question:

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/522657

thanks for responding. But that thread is not applicable. I want to remove 'jira, svn, currency convertor, loan calculator and a few others. I have found a way to do that.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Basically you're going to be editing /ROOT/WEB-INF/portlet-custom.xml, liferay-portlet.xml, and liferay-display.xml to comment out or remove the ones you don't want to be listed.

Not that I ever advocate editing the files inline directly, but I don't believe there is any plugin (including the EXT plugin) which will allow you to deploy changes to these files, although I could be wrong (I know there are some files in WEB-INF that cannot be updated, but I don't know if these are in that list or not). Perhaps testing is in order...

David: thanks. I was on the #liferay irc and they were talking about another release on the 20th. According to them, the fixes I need will be in that release. But thanks anyway, I learned alot.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
The common way with the current versions is just to set portlet permissions so they won't be available to some users.

Well, 20th is just a few days away. I can't wait to see the new release either. emoticon

David - Hitoshi: thanks for all the info. Learning a little more each time.