Foren

user

ashish pradhan, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

user

Junior Member Beiträge: 54 Beitrittsdatum: 18.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

1. i have a doubt that i want to keep three different users like HR,MARKETING,FINANCE. when the 3 user login they will see all the pages means Add button,manage all the pages and also work on that.but when i am creating user after sign in by our own user,it is not showing all the pages like Add button.how we can implement so that all the users can visible all the pages and work on that like liferay default user test.

2.as we know liferay have default user,when i am creating my account like xxxx@gmail.com. i can sign in but after sign in i am giving default liferay username,it is not opening.why????

can anybody answer me asap

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: user

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
#
# Input a list of default role names separated by \n characters that are
# associated with newly created users.
#
admin.default.role.names=Power User\nUser

2.as we know liferay have default user,when i am creating my account like xxxx@gmail.com. i can sign in but after sign in i am giving default liferay username,it is not opening.why????

Sorry. Need better explanation.
You can sign in using account like xxx@gmail.com?
When you sign in, you get default liferay username? Like what?
You can't sign in with liferay username? What's the error message?

#
# Input a list of default role names separated by \n characters that are
# associated with newly created users.
#
admin.default.role.names=Power User\nUser

i can't understand .please explain briefly.

But in my project i need to configure Active directory in portal .here i want the groupwise user so that i need to login in mailportlet by different different groupwise user.

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Sorry, I think I'm not understanding you. I thought you just wanted to change the default user roles.

What do you mean by "groupwise user"?

You've integrated Active Directory with Liferay. Are you also getting organizational information from Active Directory as well?

I'm not sure what you want with mail portlet. Where does mail portlet fit in?

Hi,

I have created the different User to login the mailportlet. and those User i have pickedup from Database but thecompany dont want like this way.
They have said me to do All the User should be picked up from ActiveDirectory in portal .so i need to configure the ActiveDirectory . Actually i dont have idea where i have to Configure ActiveDirectory From ActiveDirectory only the User should be picked up and the User have their own LoginId to login mailportlet. Because in company we already have many User that much User i cant create . So all the User should be available in ActiveDirctory From ActiveDirectory only i have to pickup all the User no neeed to create again User .

For Example- If one User joined newly in company he will be available in active dirctory .no need to create again that User to me.

But The User should not come from Database i will come From ActiveDirectory because in comapany we already have all user in Activedirectory no need to create again User to me and they have their Own LoginId.

Another thing when i am connecting LDAP with Liferay has failed to connect to the LDAP server. Please check your configuration and verify that the LDAP server is running.

Please Help to configure that one
Can you Please give me some ideas
thumbnail
Dhrutika Parekh, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 435 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi ,

For number 1 You can create 3 different role.

In your theme check if user has that particlaur role(HR,Admin,etc.) using Role API's and then display required links based on user role.

Regards,
Dhrutika

In your theme check if user has that particlaur role(HR,Admin,etc.) using Role API's and then display required links based on user role.

Can You Please Explain Clearly What you have written above
thumbnail
Dhrutika Parekh, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 435 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

You can add conditions in theme..from where your add,manage pages options are coming.

You can check role using roleservice API's

#set ($roleLocalService = $serviceLocator.findService("com.liferay.portal.service.RoleLocalService"))
#set ($userGroupRoleLocalService = $serviceLocator.findService("com.liferay.portal.service.UserGroupRoleLocalService"))
#set ($hrrole = $roleLocalService.getRole($user.getCompanyId(),"Your custom rolename"))
#if($hrrole )
#set ($hasHRRole = $userGroupRoleLocalService.hasUserGroupRole($user.getUserId(),$group_id,$hrrole .getRoleId()))
#end

whenever you want to check user has particular role use this hasHRRole ,it will return you boolean value.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Dhrutika