Foren

Liferay Sync with thousands of users

Andy Fraley, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Sync with thousands of users

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
Has anyone deployed the sync app beyond a few hundred clients? What kind of load can I expect on the server from 3000 clients just checking every 5 seconds to see if there have been any file modifications?

Also, I assume the Sync functionality uses the document library, is this correct? We're currently storing the document library on the file system. Is there anything to worry about if we end up with hundreds of thousands of files and potentially reaching 1TB of data? Storage won't be an issue, but I'm concerned about performance issues especially with respect to the mysql database keeping track of these files. Should we be using Jackrabbit?
thumbnail
Michael Young, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Liferay Sync with thousands of users

Liferay Master Beiträge: 846 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
System load is something we're still working on. We don't have any numbers yet, however. I know that it's something we're going to have to continue to optimize. We already have some ideas of how we can make things scale better for future releases.

In terms of the doc lib, I would not use Jackrabbit as that will add additional overhead to the doc lib. Regardless of which backend you choose, Liferay's database still has to track the files and at the minimum keep a pointer to the file in the Jackrabbit store. If you keep it default that will be a direct file access to the server's file system.
Andy Fraley, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
We're having serious issues with the Windows client trying to connect as fast as it can. It does not obey the update interval setting at all. It appears to disconnect and then reconnect as fast as possible. Is this a known issue with the sync client? We can only handle a few concurrent clients with this kind of load.
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.