Foren

Accessing the Chat-bar

Yannick Weinz, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Accessing the Chat-bar

Junior Member Beiträge: 69 Beitrittsdatum: 15.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

is there any way to access the chat bar programmatically? We're using Liferay 6.0.6.

What I try to do:
By the click of a button i want the Chat bar to pop up with the right Chat buddy. So if i have a list of people of the Server, for everyone who is currently online there will be a button called "start Chat". Now i want the Chat bar below to open a Chat with the Person.

Is there any way to do that out of the box?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Accessing the Chat-bar

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Chat bar is just a portlet as any other portlet on Liferay. It's accessible as any other portlet.

Unfortunately, there isn't any OOTB solution to your requirements.

Source to the Chat portlet is available in the following folder:
webapps\chat-portlet\WEB-INF\src
Yannick Weinz, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Ah ok feared so...
But how do I get the Chat-Portlet in Eclipse?
Importing it as an Liferay-Project doesn't work, and trying to change it via hook doesn't work as well becaus it's not shown in the list... and simply copying the Source doesnt really work as well (not that i excepted that this would work -.-)
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

There's a source code in the following folder:
liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1\tomcat-7.0.23\webapps\chat-portlet\WEB-INF\src

Yeah, but how do I integrate that into an Liferay Portlet-project in Eclipse with the Liferay Plugin SDK?

Right now i tried the following (we are using Liferay 6.0.5.1):
A) I downloaded the Chat-Portlet 6.0.5.1 plugin as a war, then importet that into Eclipse, moved it (via Refactor in Liferay) to <Plugin SDK path>/portlet/Chat-portlet, then converted it into a Liferay project... but that didn't work at all.
emoticon Tried to import it as a "Liferay Plugin SDK Project", selected the SDK i use but couldn't find the Chat-portlet
C) Tried to import it as an "Existing Liferay Project", but when i selected the chat-portlet folder, it wouldn't accept it.
D) Tried to use a hook overwriting existing jsps.... but well, the chat-portlet isn't listed there...

So right know i don't know how i import the source code from the chat-portlet as a protlet project into Eclipse with an installed Liferay Plugin SDK...
thumbnail

If you want to compile, just get it from github.
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tree/master/portlets/chat-portlet

Tahnks, but that doesn't help me at all.

I have absolutely no knowledge about manual compiling what so ever.
I only program Liferay portlets using Eclipse with the Liferay Plugin SDK.
I simply add the portlets to the server there and when the portlet is ok, i export it as a war.

Anything beyond that is something i don't know how to do...

I got the Code from github, extracted the chat-portlet to the Liferay SDK Folder and then tried to import the portlet in eclipse... well that didn't really work as a lot of dependencies didn't get loaded.

What i need is a solution to get the chat-portlet into one of my Portlet-Projects that I have in Eclipse or creating a new one with it, so that if i add it to the server then, I can use it in Liferay.
thumbnail

You can try reading Liferay's Developer's manual (url below). If you can't understand it, I recommend that you take a Liferay's course on basic development to have someone nearby to assist you on each step. From what I've heard, they have very good instructors.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/installing-the-sdk

Thanks.

Tried it that way as well, didn't work as well...
First i used the chat-portlet from the github location, it was build successfully, but the server gave me some errors and couldn't deploy it...

Then i tried to copy the chat-portlet from the Server (the one that got there when i installen the chat portlet plugin via the Control Panel of the Server), but that one doesn't have any build information, so i couldn't build that as well...

btw. we're using Liferay 6.0.5