Foren

Dynamic data lists - new field type - list populated from "categories"

thumbnail
Martin Namesny, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Dynamic data lists - new field type - list populated from "categories"

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

we would like to know your opinion on this feature: New field type which will be similar to list(combo box) but list items will be categories from user defined vocabulary. User will have to define the list of items only once and use it multiple times only by specifing data source on this new custom type(name of vocabulary).

Is there existing or planned feature in liferay which will allow us to do similar thing? We have found only http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2087 in backlog but this is only about custom fields in expando.

What is the best way to implement this? We would use ext environment. We will be also glad if this feature make it to the community edition.

Thank you for your replies.
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Dynamic data lists - new field type - list populated from "categories"

Junior Member Beiträge: 94 Beitrittsdatum: 20.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello I support your idea.

I'm surprised that Liferay Team didn't make this feature available when giving the DDL plugin to the world. It's the first thing i think about when creating a custom field or form.

Actually I would avoid ext development, so I'm stuck in finding solution with the interface or with a hook plugin.

Have you find any way to implement this feature ?
Mahmoud EL BOUHY, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 04.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

Did you find any solution ? Or did you make an Ext plugi-in
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 19.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Thanks for bringing up good idea. But mpower team has implemented this concept long time back with their mPire portlet generator plugin.

Would be great if they share their contribution to liferay community to implement this.

- Gnaniyar Zubair
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 306 Beitrittsdatum: 13.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks Zubair, for mentioning this.

Yes, we have implemented this long back and created a cute taglib to embed this any of our custom portlets.

Will publish this after doing some pruning and completing my current book in Liferay development.

Thank you so much.