Foren

IE memory leak in 6.1CE

thumbnail
Jeff deVries, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

IE memory leak in 6.1CE

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 28.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
I am finding a substantial memory leak in 6.1 CE when signed in with Internet Explorer 8.0. As a guest user, the memory usage is stable. I've done a comparison to 6.1 EE and found that IE memory usage is stable when signed in. Are there any solutions to this issue for CE?

Here are some charts illustrating my test results:

CE_results by fslinger, on Flickr

EE_results by fslinger, on Flickr

Thank you for your input.
Jeff
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: IE memory leak in 6.1CE

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
CE was released before EE. The issue was probably identified in the interim and fixed before EE was released.

Fixes for CE are not directly published, but I think they're working towards the next GA2 release which will include fixes.

In the mean time you might try searching through jira to see if there is a patch that you could apply to CE, but no promises...
thumbnail

Thanks David. We experienced this issue with LR6.0 as well and tested CE against EE with much the same results I've shown. I can understand some some fixes don't make it in time for a release. I'll check JIRA.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Just out of curiousity, which version did you test with 6.0. Liferay 6.0.5 had some memory leaks, but I haven't had problems with 6.0.6.
thumbnail

6.0.6 was the previous version we performed tests on. In that testing we found that FireFox was stable, Internet Explorer continued to have issues. Thanks for asking.
thumbnail
Achmed Tyrannus Albab, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 158 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hmm i do have the same problem and currently the server i'm setting up has low specs.
Im just wondering which version has the least leaks so i can skip over to that version.
Thanks for sharing.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
BTW, what tool do you use to check that memory leaks?
thumbnail

No special tool. I just recorded the Mem Usage numbers on the "processes" tab from Task Manager as I click through the pages. I tried Drip, but this method seemed effective enough. I'll be happy to entertain other suggestions.

Also just to clarify, this memory build up I'm seeing is only at the client level. I'm not seeing a memory buildup in the portal. As I have performed my testing I have monitored the memory meters in the Server Administration Portlet and there is little to no change.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Awesome work! Well done.