Foren

How to disable Site Settings for organization members - general question

Tibor Kiss, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

How to disable Site Settings for organization members - general question

Junior Member Beiträge: 52 Beitrittsdatum: 29.01.07 Neueste Beiträge
If I create a regular organization (in LF6.1-ce-ga) and assign a user to that organization, then this user in his control panel sees the Portal - Sites section and it is able to change Site URL settings such as virtual hosts public / private pages, friendly url, stanging, google analytics id.

In fact I don't want that.

I have a Liferay setup for a company where I already have pages on guest groups. Now I want to create private organizational groups where the colleagues can access to various tools.

I'm not sure if it is necessary to have hierarchical structure for the organizations, because we are around 10 peoples now. But some of them are marketing peoples, living in different countries, etc. If I would create sub-organizations for marketing people,etc. someone may be member in many of them, than in the dockbar he would have to switch too many times in order to change its scope. No such thing I want if it is possible, instead I would be happy if some of the menu items (and its submenu items) to not be visible for those not having the required role. But all of them it can be organization members at the same time, so in their dockbar will be visible just one Organisation to be able to select.

I couldn't find a proper article which resembles with my situation. Somebody of you can post it here a link or a few hints?
Thanks in advance.
Tibor Kiss, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: How to disable Site Settings for organization members - general questio

Junior Member Beiträge: 52 Beitrittsdatum: 29.01.07 Neueste Beiträge
I've just make a quick experiment with a fresh new 7Cogs setup.
There I created a second user, then I added him to 7Cogs organisation.
Unfortunately that user also have access to site changes.

This is something I don't want.