Foren

Personalization Engine in Liferay

Raj Sriramoju, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Personalization Engine in Liferay

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 03.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
I'm a great fan of Liferay and been following since Liferay inception. It has come a long way and a phenomenal transition.

One key item that's missing in Liferay so far is a Personalization engine. Adding a robust rules based personalization engine will add lot of value to Liferay and a potential threat to big Portal players in the market.

I would like to request for these Pzn features:

1. Rules based personalization engine
2. Ability to tie pzn engine with user profile, so that user profile attributes can be referenced any where in pzn rules
3. Simple to use Pzn rules. Business users should be able to create pzn rules with simple english constructs
4. Pzn workspace where you can list out all the pzn rules
5. Publishing pzn rules from environment to environment. for ex: users create pzn rules in staging, test it out and propagate the rules to production environment
6. Ability to apply pzn rules as visibility rules so that users can personalize a page or portlets based on pzn rule

Think in terms of designing a next generation pzn engine which can seamlessly use the power of a BPM workflow engine.

I will keep pouring my ideas.

Cheers,

Raj Sriramoju
thumbnail
Brant Levinson, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Personalization Engine in Liferay

Junior Member Beiträge: 48 Beitrittsdatum: 12.07.08 Neueste Beiträge
I have a media personalization engine that is heavily based on user preferences and is exposed as set of web services based on MPEG-7. I use Liferay as my front end access to my components and have user management integrated into Liferay via ldap. I have two flex apps, one for my media management and the other for the media guide. We also have integration with BPEL for some of our data transformation processes. We are looking into extending further integration with Liferay and utilizing it's integrated BPM allowing for better control of users, roles, etc. It's also integrated with Jboss Rules, I think it would make for a very interesting project.

Let's talk more if interested...
Brant
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Adding personalization and rules engine for Liferay Portal 5.3 due out Q4 2009.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
I'd like to extend this by being able to use something like this to drive content to a user. For example, we know that user Jane has been coming to our web site for a while to look at the SuperWidget. Maybe she's even bought a SuperWidget from us. When the SuperWidget2000 comes out, we'd like to be able to push a notification to her that says "Hey, look at our new and improved SuperWidet."
Raj Sriramoju, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 03.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
That will be awesome and looking forward to see this feature.

Is it possible to tie it to Content management to personalize the content based on a User profile.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Raj Sriramoju