Foren

Site Template changes sometimes cause sites to lock on the changed pages

Joe Moran, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Site Template changes sometimes cause sites to lock on the changed pages

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 05.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
I've created this bug ticket for an issue that I've found in Liferay 6.1.0 CE GA1. In a nutshell, if I have a site template and modify the configuration of a portlet in one of the template's pages, that page becomes locked from all further site template updates in any sites that are using the site template. It only seems to happen when I modify a portlet's configuration, not just from adding / removing / moving a portlet. It will even happen if I create a brand new site that uses the modified site template: As soon as I hit the modified page for the first time, I see a message at the top of the screen that states the page was modifiied since the last time the site template was updated, and that all further updates to the site template will not be applied to that page.

Can others confirm if they've seen this behavior, and that it really is a bug and not something I'm doing wrong in my setup of the site template? The exact use case for us is adding a Navigation Portlet instance to the site template page, and then changing the look and feel to remove the portlet borders and change the display to a custom display with no header, relative from current page up by one level. Once I've done that, the page locks on any sites using the site template and further edits to the site template will not propagate. This is forcing me to make sure that I get the site template page exactly right before I ever try and create a site from it -- not exactly the desired workflow.

Thanks in advance!