Foren

Failed to connect to server

thumbnail
Rex Petersen, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Failed to connect to server

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
After installing Sync, when entering Account Settings in the "Enter new account information" dialog, I get the message "Failed to connect to server" when attempting to connect to a local instance of LR6.1GA.

What are the requirements for the server to which Liferay Sync is attempting to connect?

So far I haven't seen a "Getting Started" doc which might cover this. Am I missing something?
thumbnail
Michael Young, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Failed to connect to server

Liferay Master Beiträge: 846 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Rex,

We'll have a look at this. In the meantime, can you attach your log file?

They should be in user.home/.liferay-sync/logs

Thanks.
thumbnail

Hi Michael,

Here is the log file.

I just downloaded and installed this instance of LR6.1GA1 tonight.
thumbnail
Michael Young, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 846 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
It seems that Sync is not recognizing your server as a valid Liferay portal. Have you already started GA1 and completed the setup, logged in, etc? We'll have a better look at this tomorrow and try to reproduce this.
thumbnail

yes, in fact was logged while attempting to make the Sync connection.

Also, if I change the username or password it gives me a "username or password is incorrect" so it looks like it is communicating.

Anything in particular to look at on the server? Where would I find source for the ServerReleaseInfo class?
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 228 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
It looks like we're not getting back the expected http headers when communicating to the portal.

Can you try installing the Firefox add-on "Live HTTP Headers" link and see what you're getting when you go to your portal? You may want to attach it as a file as there might be quite a bit of text.
Valentine KH, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 29.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, Dennis

I've got the same problem. Runnning Sync with liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1. Any clue to resolve the problem?

Although tell me please what url Sync is connecting while identifying Liferay portal version and so on? I could check headers returning from that URL to help you.

Thx

From quick overview: start page returns me 'Liferay-Portal: Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.0 CE (Paton / Build 6100 / January 6, 2012)' header. I can see it from Firebug. Other headers are common and not liferay-oriented.

Moreover I managed to connect to localhost Liferay portal with Sync. Exactly the same version of portal (the same archive) is installed on remote server, which I cannot connect with Sync. Starpage headers are the same. Could you please tell me the URL that Sync connects to to prove Liferay version. Strange thing is I cannot see Sync network traffic while tryinf to log in with Fiddler....

Problem solved.

I monitored requests made by Sync with Fiddler and MS Network Monitor. There are 3 requests. The second is '/'. By default this returns main page. In my config home page was set to /home in Control Panel and start page was set to /home too. This caused http://serverurl/ path return 404. Switching to defults (or /) resolved problem.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Hi Valentine,

Can you help me understand exactly what your configuration is? If this is a configuration bug, we should fix it.

So I understand your main page's "Friendly URL" was set to /home. But which setting are you referring to when you said "start page was set to /home too"?
thumbnail
Brett Lewinski, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 54 Beitrittsdatum: 04.05.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi -

I have been experimenting with Liferay Sync. I have it connecting to my local Liferay 6.1 instance no problem. When I try to connect Liferay Sync to my remote 6.1 server I am getting a "peer not authenticated" message returned. Anybody have any idea whats going on or how I can fix this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Brett
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Hi Brett,

Does your portal default to https? (does your portal URL always default to https://myportal.com)?
thumbnail

Dennis -

Thanks for the reply. Yes all of our servers are using https.

Thanks
Brett
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

thumbnail

Gail -

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated! Any ideas on when this may be resolved?

Thanks Again!
Brett