Foren

How to set up Eclipse / Liferay IDE to find Liferay sources&documentation

Mikko Torri, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

How to set up Eclipse / Liferay IDE to find Liferay sources&documentation

Junior Member Beiträge: 33 Beitrittsdatum: 10.05.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

A basic question about how to setup Eclipse (Indigo) so it finds the relevant java sources and documentation I've downloaded from the site?
I've tried to add the unzipped Portal javadocs to a project, but it complains about missing index.html and package-list files.

And how about adding the source package so it is browsable directly from eclipse "hints" (the popup you get for pointing on a method for example)?

Thanks,
Mikko
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: How to set up Eclipse / Liferay IDE to find Liferay sources&documentati

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
You can right-click any jar that is in the project classpath containers and set the javadoc location to be the javadocs-all. It will complain about the missing files but they should still work ok. Same with the source attachments. Let me know if you are unable to get these properly configured.
Mikko Torri, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 33 Beitrittsdatum: 10.05.11 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks, I got it working (javadocs at least)

For which jar's should I add the source to in the "Liferay v6.1 CE (Tomcat 7) [Liferay v6.1 CE (Tomcat 7)]" section?
For example persistence.jar, portlet.jar, portal-service.jar (obvious) and where to point them?

Could this be automated, since there's a lot of jars to edit? And to do this for all projects.... Can I say tedious!

A small configuration window where you select the source and javadoc folders / zips and it attaches them automatically.

Thanks,

Mikko
thumbnail

It is tedious, no doubt! I am working on a feature in IDE that will let users set a javadoc zip or directory that will be used for automatically configuring javadocs.
thumbnail

Here is the jira ticket for the javadoc feature in IDE.
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-483