Foren

require email address when u forgot password

Alex Sun, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

require email address when u forgot password

Junior Member Beiträge: 30 Beitrittsdatum: 11.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
The default auth requirement is screen name when we go to forgot password page.

I want to change it into email address. But I need to keep screen name in login page.

Any suggetion?

Thx
karthik kumar, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: require email address when u forgot password

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 20.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Alex,

Please go through the below path then u will get the right answer.

Controlpanel---->Settings (Portal Section) -----> Authentication(which is in right side menu i.e.., please click on it) -->How do users authenticate? (please select on By Email Address) ---> Save it.
Alex Sun, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 30 Beitrittsdatum: 11.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
are u sure this operation only changes the password forgot page? I am worried it may changes the login authentication as well.

Because I have no superadmin email address. If I did change, it may hard for me to change it back via control panel.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Yeah, Karthik is wrong. If you change it like he suggests, then you'll have to log in using email address too.

You're going to have to create a hook to support this. Liferay will use the same field for both login and forgot password, so your hook would need to change the forgot password handling to use email address only.

The tricky part is that Liferay will only make the authentication field required. So in your case screen name is required, but email will technically be considered optional. So if you're doing the 'forgot password' based upon email address, there might not be one there for you to rely upon.