Foren

Basic Sanity Checking

thumbnail
Alba García, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Basic Sanity Checking

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 10.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
what are the checkings that Liferay are going to do to my If I were willing to upload a portlet to the Liferay Marketplace?

Thanks in advance!!
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Basic Sanity Checking

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Alba García:
Hi,
what are the checkings that Liferay are going to do to my If I were willing to upload a portlet to the Liferay Marketplace?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey Alba,

It will be scanned for viruses, and the metadata (title, icon, screenshots, description, etc) will be scanned for correctness. Also, the app will be run through a basic set of sanity checks to ensure it has minimal functionality, such as starting it up, clicking on a few things, making sure it doesn't hang or crash the system.
thumbnail

Hi James!!

¿How does the Liferay Market know that:
- A portlet can hang the system?
- A portlet can crash the system?

I'm looking for information about how can I check the sanity of a portlet because I would like to let Community Administrators upload portlets to their administered Communities but I don't know how could I make something to check the sanity of the portlets like Liferay Market place before installing or adding the portlet to a Page.

Thanks in advance!!
Tomek Lipski, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 32 Beitrittsdatum: 17.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
Alba García:
Hi James!!

¿How does the Liferay Market know that:
- A portlet can hang the system?
- A portlet can crash the system?

I'm looking for information about how can I check the sanity of a portlet because I would like to let Community Administrators upload portlets to their administered Communities but I don't know how could I make something to check the sanity of the portlets like Liferay Market place before installing or adding the portlet to a Page.

Thanks in advance!!

I think that EE certification (see the bottom of Marketplace Developer Guide page) would check that (and much more!). Portlet hanging or crashing the system would be quickly evaluated by users anyways and rated poorly/reported to its authors or Liferay. Just like with Community Plugins (or Android Market) at this moment.
thumbnail

Thanks James!!

EE Certification
As an additional option for publishers, Liferay has created the EE Certification program. If you participate in this program, your app will go through more rigorous testing against the supported Liferay EE version your app is designed for.

But ...¿How could somebody participate in the EE Certificacion Program?
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Alba García:
Thanks James!!

EE Certification
As an additional option for publishers, Liferay has created the EE Certification program. If you participate in this program, your app will go through more rigorous testing against the supported Liferay EE version your app is designed for.

But ...¿How could somebody participate in the EE Certificacion Program?

Details for signing up for the EE certification will be available once the Marketplace is opened to the public. We are aiming for February to start signing people up.
thumbnail

I was reading about the new Sanitizer functionality:

The Sanitizers functionality is new in Liferay v6.0. Sanitizers are a filtering element that "sanitize" web content (usually HTML or Javascript code) so that it doesn't contain inappropriate content like malicious Javascript code or swearwords.

¿Do you know or Does anybody know If exits something to verify that a portlet doesn't contain inappropriate content like malicious Java Code?

Thnaks in advance!!