Foren

which do i use framework ?

thumbnail
maryam maryam masoudy, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 149 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
hi all friends
i want to write one program with portlet
my program is very big:
(

registration information user for Different user (comapny, address, fax , phone.....)
register "own request"
confirm information user and "own request" with admin
send email and show message and search for "user requests" and edit or update information user and "own request" by user , upload document by user , check document user,
)
I can not explain all the details
However, I have twenty or more tables.
I think i should do this project with multy portlet. (ok?)
i know hibernate and jpa and spring in java very small but i don't use to portlet .
if everybody have sample (source - code ) (not jar) send to me, please.
samples are very simple or Examples include a jar file and i don't use it.
if i don't use right framework or write my code non-professional .I will to be in trouble.
Please guide me.
framework should support Jsp files and commands dao. and relation between tables .... i use liferay 5.2.x.
Please guide me.
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: which do i use framework ?

Liferay Master Beiträge: 679 Beitrittsdatum: 17.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Maryam,

If it is possible then move for LIferay 6 community version if you are started you project just before few time.

I think i should do this project with multy portlet. (ok?)

I guess you can simply manage this things withing one portlet only.

You can go for MVC portlet for same.

What type of example you want ? you mean smaple mvc porlet ? you can get from Liferay repository only,

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

hi Sagar
where is Liferay repository?
http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/5.2.x/portlets/ ?
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/6.0.6/portlets/
http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/

use username guest
thumbnail

hi jelmer
there are very portlet in (http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/5.2.x/portlets/),
this portlets are very good but , they are very variety.

(with data base,without database, use ony strus . use only spring )
i need to use proper portlet , a sample that A project that close to my project
which do i use?
some portlet are one jar file , how i use it and change or learn ?
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
I am not familiar with that many "big" portlet apps out there that you can look to for an example.

But to answer your original question. Basically there's 3 options worth considering, use liferay mvcportlet / servicebuilder, use spring portlet mvc with or without servicebuilder, jsf with our wihout servicebuilder

Sure there are other frameworks that offer support for portlet development like struts 2, wicket etc but the support isn't that mature and the three options i mentioned seem to be what most people are using

Useing mvc portlet will typically give you the least about of headaches, it's basically the liferay recommended approach to portlet development and it will serve you reasonably well if you are working on mostly simple portlets. But be careful though, their api's are ugly as sin and are not designed with testability in mind. Also be ready to add vast amounts of scriptlets to your jsp's. If you use servicebuilder there are a lot of limitations, like being able to have relationships in your domain model. So your database entities will be dumb data buckets, and in some cases performance will be an issue since you can't easily do joins.

Using spring portlet mvc for porltet development will make you happier as a developer. Because things like dependency injection really allow you to write pretty easy to test code. If the app you are writing is reasonably complex i would go with that unless you're team is already invested in jsf. However prepare to run into all sorts of issues. stupid stuff like jstl el being disabled by default for jsp's and the dreaded classloading related issues. Because liferay uses spring internally these same classes will be both on the portlet classpath and the portal classpath leading to hard to debug problems. Also if you use spring's form taglib your form elements wont have the liferay styles applied to them by default. So if people design a custom theme that changes the look and feel of say all buttons in liferay your portlet wont be affected. You can use spring in conjuction with either servicebuilder or something like jpa 2 / hibernate. Again if your domain is reasonably complex i'd opt to use an orm, unless maybe you really need to take advantage of liferay's cache wich can also be used distributedly

JSF somewhat of a braindead attempt at what wicket does much better. But if your team already is familiar with it his may be your best bet. It can integrate well with spring
thumbnail

Hi jelmer kuperus,

Thanks for reply. your help is very good
thumbnail
Nagendra Kumar Busam, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 678 Beitrittsdatum: 07.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
Well explained Jelmer, Thank you for sharing your inputs
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 679 Beitrittsdatum: 17.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
maryam maryam masoudy:
hi Sagar
where is Liferay repository?

Hi Maryam,

Please find attached screen shot you can get it withing you control panel.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas