Foren

Link to forum in Wiki

Dirk Ulrich, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Link to forum in Wiki

Junior Member Beiträge: 42 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello.

Do you agree that a link to the appropriate forum for each topic handled in the Wiki would be beneficial?

I think developer's would appreciate such a link if they use the Wiki and encounter any problem when they try to follow the description in the Wiki.
Concretely I want to write junit test cases for my Liferay service. I studied JUnit but when I ran the ServiceBuilder I got errors:
error: cannot find symbol

compile-java:
    [javac] Compiling 361 source files to D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service-classes
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:11: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] import com.liferay.portal.service.BaseServiceTestCase;
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class BaseServiceTestCase
    [javac]   location: package com.liferay.portal.service
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:18: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] public class CatalogServiceTestCase extends BaseServiceTestCase {
    [javac]                                             ^
    [javac]   symbol: class BaseServiceTestCase
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		super.setUp();
    [javac] 		^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable super
    [javac]   location: class CatalogServiceTestCase
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:35: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		fail("Not yet implemented");
    [javac] 		^
    [javac]   symbol:   method fail(String)
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:43: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		^
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:51: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		^
    [javac] D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\portlets\pap-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\de\td\digital\pap\test\CatalogServiceTestCase.java:59: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] 		^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 7 errors

BUILD FAILED
D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\build-common-plugin.xml:216: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\data\Projekte\PAP\workspace\liferay-plugins\build-common.xml:90: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

... and I wasn't able to solve this problem. Thus, I wanted to visit the forum to find a solution or to post my problem.

(I still do have no solution and would appreciate any help.)

Because I had to perform a lot of steps to come here I thought that a shortcut (link) from the Wiki to the appropriate forum would be very nice. Furthermore I think that this would minimize posting topics in the wrong forum which in turn minimizes the needs of moderators to move misplaced topics.
I hope such a link will be available soon... and I hope to find a solution for my problem, too.
Dirk Ulrich, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Link to forum in Wiki

Junior Member Beiträge: 42 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
I solved the "error: cannot find symbol" problem. Since I placed the test cases in a package within the service structure, it seems as if the ServiceBuilder found the test cases when scanning for services and tried to build them as a service which failed. Moving the test cases out of the service packages everything works well.

However, the 'missing link' ;-) between Wiki and forum would be helpful though.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Link to forum in Wiki

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
I'm not too sure about linking to a forum from wiki pages. Forum url may change when the site is upgraded to a new version of Liferay.