Foren

How can I store Web Content with JAVA ?

Rüdiger Kowalski, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

How can I store Web Content with JAVA ?

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 16.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, I want to read, change and update web content out of a JSF portlet programmatically.

Reading works fine:
static public String leseWebContent(final String title) throws PortalException, SystemException
{
String content = "";
final FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
final ThemeDisplay td = (ThemeDisplay) fc.getExternalContext().getRequestMap().get(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
final long groupId = td.getScopeGroupId();
final String languageKey = fc.getExternalContext().getRequestLocale().toString();
try
{
final JournalArticle ja = JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.getArticleByUrlTitle(groupId, title);
final JournalArticleDisplay jad = JournalContentUtil.getDisplay(ja.getGroupId(), ja.getArticleId(), ja.getTemplateId(), languageKey, td);
content = jad.getContent();
return content;
}
catch (final Exception ex)
{
System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
return content;
}
}

Changing by using a PrimeFaces component works fine:
<prime:editor id="edit" value="#{hilfstextController.webContent}" height="320" width="480" />
(Getter method of webContent calls method "leseWebContent()")

Updating does not work:
static public void schreibeWebContent(final String title, final String webContent) throws PortalException, SystemException
{
final ThemeDisplay td = (ThemeDisplay) fc.getExternalContext().getRequestMap().get(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
final long groupId = td.getScopeGroupId();
final String languageKey = fc.getExternalContext().getRequestLocale().toString();
try
{
final JournalArticle ja = JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.getArticleByUrlTitle(groupId, title);
final JournalArticleDisplay jad = JournalContentUtil.getDisplay(ja.getGroupId(), ja.getArticleId(), ja.getTemplateId(), languageKey, td);
jad.setContent(webContent);
? ? ?
JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.updateJournalArticle(ja);
}
catch (final Exception ex)
{
System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
}
}

JounalArticleDisplay object contains the changed content. The method "JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.updateJournalArticle()" however expects a JournalArticle object as parameter. Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

So I'm a JAVA newbie and I'm happy about every answer.

Best regards Rüdiger
thumbnail
Nagendra Kumar Busam, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: How can I store Web Content with JAVA ?

Liferay Master Beiträge: 678 Beitrittsdatum: 07.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Rudiger,

I never worked on PrimeFaces BUT i will give my idea how you can change the same.

Anyway you are getting article by groupId & urlTitle.

JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.updateContent(groupId, articleId, version, content)

Here
>> content is latest content you are getting from form
>> articleId is articleId of article you got using groupId & urlTitle
>> version you may need to increment according to current version of the article - check default JournalArticle impl for ref.

Please let us know if this works for you

Thanks,
- Nagendra Kumar

Hi Nagendra,

first of all thanks for your quick reply. I acted on your suggestion and it works fine !

But now I have the next problem. In case of missing web content, I want to create one out of my form (JSF portlet). My idea was to use JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.addJournalArticle( article ), but I don't know how to create a article.

Maybe you can help me in this issue too?

Thanks Rüdiger
thumbnail

I didn't get what you really mean by missing web content. Can you be elaborate a bit more on the same.

Nagendra Kumar Busam:
I didn't get what you really mean by missing web content. Can you be elaborate a bit more on the same.

Hi Nagendra,
yes, of course. I'm developing a portlet with several input fields. Beside every field there is a button, which will show a help dialog with field depending information. This help information should be placed in a web content. So when the button is clicked for the first time and there is no matching web content, I want to create and store one.

Thanks Rüdiger

I've got it ! emoticon

final ServiceContext sc = new ServiceContext();
sc.setAddCommunityPermissions(true);
sc.setAddGuestPermissions(true);
sc.setScopeGroupId(td.getScopeGroupId());
sc.setCompanyId(td.getCompanyId());
sc.setUserId(td.getUserId());
JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.addArticle(td.getUserId(), td.getScopeGroupId(), "", true, 1.0, title, "", webContent,
	"general", "", "", 11, 24, 2011, 9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, true, false, "", null,
	null, title.toLowerCase(), sc);

Thanks to all for your help !!!
thumbnail

Good you got it working.

I have one question why can't you just use Language.properties file to keep you help text for your custom portlet

Hi Nagendra,

our customer wants to create his own help information with rich text editing features. Therefore we decided to use PrimeFaces <p:editor> component for manual input and Liferay web content for storing.

As I already told you, I'm very new in Java developing and in Liferay (nearly 6 months) and I don't know how to use language properties file. Is there any documentation about this, respectively where can I find it?

Thanks Rüdiger
Oliver Bayer, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 894 Beitrittsdatum: 18.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Rüdiger,

please refer to this WIKI. If you have any other questions feel free to ask again.

Greets Oli
thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 427 Beitrittsdatum: 12.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Rüdiger,

Rüdiger Kowalski:
Hi Nagendra,

first of all thanks for your quick reply. I acted on your suggestion and it works fine !

But now I have the next problem. In case of missing web content, I want to create one out of my form (JSF portlet). My idea was to use JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.addJournalArticle( article ), but I don't know how to create a article.

Maybe you can help me in this issue too?

Thanks Rüdiger

I'm not sure but still i'm giving you my idea about your query.You can try this

JournalArticle journalArticle = new JournalArticleImpl();
journalArticle.setArticleId();
""
""
etc..
JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.addJournalArticle(journalArticle);

Thanks,
Anil Sunkari