Foren

Custom Breadcrumb issue

Parag Negi, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Custom Breadcrumb issue

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 21.09.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Liferay Team,

In liferay as there cannot be hierarchy for community, we cannot setup parent-child relationship between them (at community level).

In each community there are many pages having breadcrumb and navigation though breadcrumb is good in every community.
But when we want to connect page from Community(example A) to page in community (example B ), the breadcrumb link is lost for previous community and the breadcrumb on new page only has current pages breadcrumb.

So, if on Page1, there is breadcrumb 'Home ->Page1'. On going to a new page(Page2) of different community. The previous breadcrumb is lost. And the new breadcrumb is 'Page2'
what i want is 'Home ->Page1->Page2'.

Is there any easy way to do this?

So, if a link (link1) on page (Page 1) in community( C1) is clicked, then the new page opening (which is in different community) may have connection in breadcrumb to previous page of older community. (Hope that makes any sence)

The only option i see at moment is somehow creating a custom breadcrumb for this purpose.

Any suggestion will be most welcome.
Please advise.

Cheers.

<i wasn't really sure where to post this query so i have posted here aswell> Thanks emoticon
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Custom Breadcrumb issue

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1228 Beitrittsdatum: 14.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
You may have a look at custom MyPlaces portlet (link);
It allows you to create a virtual hierarchy out of plain communities. Have a look at some screendumps below, which show MyPlaces portlet and Breadcrumb which picks up and displays this virtual hierarchy of communities.
Breadcrumb hook also exists but not released yet for public downloads, all you will have to do is to modify your theme nav.vm.

Thanks, i will explore it.

Still, is there no way for pages connecting/linking from different communities cannot have follow-through breadcrumb between communities??

Cheers!

Hi Victor,

You are Awsommmm!!!
My places is really nice and it's exactly what i was looking for.
Though, i may need to mix-it-up a little.

I downloaded the demo version and deployed it.
It has 'Edit' option available but when i click on it it just doesn't bring up anything.

Also, i identified that it's using struts.
Is there one build in Spring possible?

Is there any differences between myplaces-portlet_V6.0.war and myplaces-portlet_V6.1.war ?

Eagerly waiting for your reply!.. (^_^)

Cheers!
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1228 Beitrittsdatum: 14.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
Which LR version are you using?
We have builds for 5.2.3, 6.0.1+ and 6.1.0 (January Release). It would not work on nightly build of LR 6.1.0. Release for latest 6.1.0 will be available a couple of days after the official release (do not know the dates, just saying several days after this event).

PS. Spring or struts, it should not matter, as the portlet is self-contained.

Hi Victor,

Many thanks for your reply.
I am using 'Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.0 EE (Bunyan / Build 6010 / September 7, 2010)'

I tried to make work Edit button, but it doesn' t seem to work. When click it just hangs for me.
Was just wondering if it's meant to work in demo mode or not, or if there could be an issue.

Thanks and Reards,
Parag Negi