Foren

Unable to send mails from Social Office

praveen orvakanti, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Unable to send mails from Social Office

Junior Member Beiträge: 51 Beitrittsdatum: 10.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,
My SO instance is unable to connect to the smtp. Please see the error message below:

12:17:52,359 WARN [MailEngine:490] Failed to connect to a valid mail server. Please make sure one is properly configured. Could not connect to SMTP host: 10.200.13.56, port: 25

Im using the SO instance in my office desktop, and i think it might be because of the corporate firewall. Please let me know if you know of any workarounds.

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Unable to send mails from Social Office

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14915 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
If the corp firewall is blocking access, you're not going to be able to work around it.

As long as your SO instance is pointed at the mailserver correctly, you otherwise should be able to send email.

You can test this if you have a telnet client installed on your box, you can issue the command "telnet my.mailserver.com 25" on the command line. You'll either connect (and it is not a firewall issue), or the connection will fail (and it is a probable firewall issue).

Hi David,
Im not able to connect telnet. This is wat i get:

C:\>telnet my.mailserver.com 25
Connecting To my.mailserver.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port
25: Connect failed
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14915 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Then you're probably right about the firewall blockage. I'd talk to your network admins to see if they can give you an exception to allow the mailserver access. Possibly they have configured SMTP to listen on another port internally, i.e. 2525, but that would be information that you'd have to get from them.

Thx David.