Foren

Page type of panel

thumbnail
Raymond Gardner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Page type of panel

Regular Member Beiträge: 118 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I'm looking for a good example of a panel page.

I see good examples on Liferay's site but, I'm not sure how to implement one from scratch.
I'm looking to control, ie. dynamically change options, in the left-hand side navigation area.
Is this done via the theme? If so, is there a good example of this?

I see when configuring a page of type panel in the Control Panel that I can select applications
to present on the page, which to me look like portlets. But, our portlets are not showing up in this list.
Our categories show up in the list but the portlets we have under our categories do not show up.

Help me!!!!!!!
emoticon
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Page type of panel

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
You mean you want to add something to the control panel ?

You need to add something like this to your portlet's liferay-portlet.xml

<control-panel-entry-category>content</control-panel-entry-category>
        <control-panel-entry-weight>7.5</control-panel-entry-weight>
thumbnail
Raymond Gardner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Page type of panel

Regular Member Beiträge: 118 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for the reply but this is not what I seek.

Yes,
<control-panel-entry-category>content</control-panel-entry-category>
<control-panel-entry-weight>7.5</control-panel-entry-weight>...

will place the portlet in the control panel under the left-hand side navigation under the content/community/organization section.

However, I'm looking for it to show up in the page configuration screen within the control panel. This is not in the left-hand side navigation but instead in the right-hand side content area when configuring a page of type panel. After creating a page of type panel select that page for configuration such as theme and friendly url, etc ...
For page types of panel there will be a section to select Applications to appear on the panel. The applications listed are just like portlets, in fact I believe they can be both. But, there needs to be some special configuration, my guess in the liferay-portlet.xml file, for it to appear in this applications list.

I'm looking for how to make this happen.

Thanks!emoticon