Foren

New "Recent Activity" portlet in community top page

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New "Recent Activity" portlet in community top page

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
I just went to the community top page and saw the new Recent Activity portlet showing the location where the most recent post came from.
That is really neat! It that portlet available for download? That'll be great for a demo.

The one quirk about it is it seems to be using language from the web browser setting instead Liferay's language setting.
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: New "Recent Activity" portlet in community top page

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi Ozawa:
I just went to the community top page and saw the new Recent Activity portlet showing the location where the most recent post came from.
That is really neat! It that portlet available for download? That'll be great for a demo.

The one quirk about it is it seems to be using language from the web browser setting instead Liferay's language setting.

Hey Hitoshi, glad you like it!! I think it gives the community a more lively and vibrant feel. A couple others asked about code for it, I'll post it on my blog entry from yesterday as soon as I get a chance (probably tomorrow).

Can you post a screenshot showing the language issue? A couple of the strings I don't think have been translated yet, but when I select, for example, German from the "Language" pulldown, it seems to work (shows in German language). I haven't tried using my browser yet (not even sure how to do that with this new browser).
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: New "Recent Activity" portlet in community top page

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
The language issue is even when I set up Liferay language to English, the content of the portlet (Google Map) are all in Japanese.