Foren

My community and power user

Chinni Giri, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

My community and power user

Junior Member Beiträge: 25 Beitrittsdatum: 30.06.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I am new to liferay. I have test user created and he is able to see "My communties". I don't know what changed. But now when I create test user using anonymous user creating himself as well as administrator creating test user, I don't see new users seeing "my communites" after logging in . Do you know what could be reason for new users not able to see "My communities" ?

In Websphere Portal, users are of two types, "authenticated", and "anonymous". In Liferay, it looks like there are 3 types of users, one is "guest", and second one is "user" and third one is "power user'. I am assuming "user" in liferay is same as "authenticated user" in portal and "guest" is same as "anonymous" user.

What is meant by power user? I tried reading couple of forum threads, but still I am lost in understanding power user.

I appreciate for your comments or any useful links to understand power user and what are "my communities".

Thanks,
Chinni
Jonathan Lyons, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: My community and power user

thumbnail
Renee Talabucon, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 31 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

Can I delete the Power User Role? What will happen if it's removed? I know any User registered gets the Power User role only by default but if I actually unassign that user as Power User, the Regular Role left is "User" . I do know Power User gets its own My Community, Public pages, private pages but what if I don't really need it and just wants the User.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 758 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Most of the answer for questions around "Power User" role can be found in portal.properties.

1) Power User role should not be removed.

# The standard system roles are: Administrator, Guest, Power User, and User.
    # These roles cannot be removed or renamed.
    #
    system.roles=

2) Power User role required/not for private pages can be specified by below property

#
    # Set this to true if users must have the Power User role to have private
    # pages.
    #
    layout.user.private.layouts.power.user.required=false

3) Default user role on creation.

#
    # Input a list of default role names separated by \n characters that are
    # associated with newly created users.
    #
    admin.default.role.names=Power User\nUser

You should override all the properties in portal-ext.properties file.