Foren

p_p_auth: what is it and what does it do?

thumbnail
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

p_p_auth: what is it and what does it do?

Junior Member Beiträge: 67 Beitrittsdatum: 30.04.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello, all!

Frequently - very, very frequently - I get all sorts of problems which present messages such as "You do not have the permissions to access this" or "You do not have the roles to do that". Apparently, it is frequently an issue with the p_p_auth parameter of some URLs. However, I have no clue about what this parameter is, its function, what does it do etc. etc. It is not an acceptable situation so I decided to study whatever it is.

Could you all recommend me some documentation about it? I want to note that I am not looking for high level explanation of the kind "It is a security functionality for avoiding XSS attacks" or incomplete wiki pages: it would be not much useful to me. Also, I beg your pardon for my rudeness, but I would like to clarify that my preferred answer would be either a link to some heavy documentation or a long, detailed explanation. I fear that I am not capable of understanding well a brief, high level, lightweight answer, at least not enough to use such understanding to solve my common problems.

Could someone help, me? Thank you in advance!
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: p_p_auth: what is it and what does it do? (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1191 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Authentication+Token
thumbnail
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: p_p_auth: what is it and what does it do?

Junior Member Beiträge: 67 Beitrittsdatum: 30.04.10 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you, Jelmer! This page is exactly what I was looking for. Actually, this subject is still easier than I imagined and I could solve my current problem emoticon