Foren

London Liferay Meetup

Philip Coates, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

London Liferay Meetup

Junior Member Beiträge: 34 Beitrittsdatum: 10.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Would anyone be interested in a London (UK) Liferay Meetup group? If so, let's get one set up!

What other meetups do London Liferayers attend? It would be nice to know where there's overlap with other Java/FOSS projects and groups, so that we can identify what sort of events (not just technical!) might be of interest to everyone.

For example, we could run some sessions on things like:

Getting started with Liferay
Developing for Liferay with Java/Maven/Grails/etc.
Liferay and SEO
etc.

What do people think?

Cheers,

Phil.
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: London Liferay Meetup

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Phil,

Great idea, I am hoping we can get more of this type of activity.

Let us (community@liferay.com) know if and when you schedule anything! We can help with helpful pointers and other resources, and if feasible, have some folks from Liferay attend, or at least help organize.

OK, done:

London Liferay users, please sign up to the London Liferay Meetup Group:

http://www.meetup.com/London-Liferay-Meetup-Group/

Help us get some events organised in meatspace!

Cheers,

Phil.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Philip,

I'm going to be in London in September from 20th to 22nd for the Gartner PCC event. I'm not sure how much free time I will have but I would love to hang around with Liferay enthusiasts there. What do you think?

Hi Jorge,

It would be great to see you; we now have a couple more people starting to join the group on meetup.com, and I'm going to try to get round to setting up a Liferay user group on the main site too this weekend.

I'm not sure what sort of event we would be able to put on; it might be best to start smallish with a social at a pub where we can gauge what other people members would like to see.

Can you think of anything else at this stage? Maybe a couple of lightning talks on various aspects of Liferay?

Cheers,

Phil.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

It is better to ask the people attending that first meeting what they expect from it and what they would like to do. That first meeting is usually a great opportunity for all people attending it to know each other, what are their experiences, their expectations, what ideas they have for the group, etc. After the meeting it could also be a good idea to write some minutes with what was decided and post it at the group wiki (you can ask for a user group page including a wiki emailing community at liferay.com if there isn't one already).

Regarding meeting at London, I'm arriving on Tuesday, September 20th and I expect to have some time that evening/night. If some of the people from the group want to meet around where I'll be staying (27 Devonshire Terrace, Paddington) that would be awesome.
thumbnail
Hamish Campbell, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 20.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
will be there (:
thumbnail
Hamish Campbell, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 20.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
Here is a community survey for feedback on what people won't for the London meetup http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XZ7L8T9