Foren

Creating a Website

thumbnail
vaibhav gupta, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Creating a Website

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 22.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
How to create a a Complete own website using Liferay where i want a Login page at first and after that I want a Poortal page with different portlet populated based on Boolean values in the database
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Creating a Website

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Get some doco on setting up the portal. There's administrative training from Liferay that can help you, there's also books from the major publishers re: administrating Liferay.

For the boolean values in the database controlling whether portlets appear or not, you're going to have to do some development to make this happen. You'll probably have to override the functionality in Liferay that loads the initial user page portlet list from portal.properties and rather than get the values from the properties file, pull the values from the database for doing the initial setup.

Note that this would only address creating your personal page the first time; after it's created, you can add, remove, reorder, etc. the portlets and the properties file (and in your case the database flags) would not matter.
thumbnail
vaibhav gupta, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 22.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi David,
Thanks for the quick response, Where i can find Doc to to all the above setup suggested by you , since i am very new to liferay facing hick ups while setting it up.
thumbnail
Leo PRATLONG, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 363 Beitrittsdatum: 06.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
thumbnail
steve rieger, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 436 Beitrittsdatum: 11.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
vaibhav gupta:
How to create a a Complete own website using Liferay where i want a Login page at first and after that I want a Poortal page with different portlet populated based on Boolean values in the database

create pages
then put content on said pages.
thumbnail
Gaurav K Barot, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 44 Beitrittsdatum: 28.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
vaibhav gupta:

Hi Vaibhav,

You should go through Liferay Portal Admin guide. It will give you clear idea about Liferay building blocks and OOTB features. You would surely learn how to create your own website.

Regards,
Gaurav Barot
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 803 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Vaibhav,

If you are aware of basic liferay implementation and structure then you can create new community or organization.
After creating that you can create associate pages and put proper login portlet in home page .
So once you hit your properly virtual hosted URL it will redirect you to your home page which has login portlet.
So once you login it will redirect to you with configured landing page url.
So these are the basic things you can follow .For details information you can use liferay wiki or liferay portal admin doc.