Foren

need help with content display and version control

Bavani Meganathan, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

need help with content display and version control

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
hi all,

i ran through the forum but failed to find a solution. not sure if i am missing something here.

1. how can i have another portlet with the list of all content in the document library only? i have a few document libraries with different scope, so i'd like to have the display of the list of content like in a portlet next to the document library portletl. i do not want web content display, just a list if all documents that have been saved in the document library. how can i achieve this?

2. how do i impose a version control on all the documents within respective scopes? I did a test by uploading a document called test. and then i tried uploading again and an error came up - name already exist or something - which is great and it forces the user to rename but that's a manual version control. if say a document named test_v1 already exist and another user happened to upload something called test_version1, that's not good then. is there any way i can enforce a certain version control method in the document library?

thank you very much,
bav
thumbnail
Gaurav K Barot, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: need help with content display and version control

Junior Member Beiträge: 44 Beitrittsdatum: 28.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
Bavani Meganathan:
hi all,

i ran through the forum but failed to find a solution. not sure if i am missing something here.

1. how can i have another portlet with the list of all content in the document library only? i have a few document libraries with different scope, so i'd like to have the display of the list of content like in a portlet next to the document library portletl. i do not want web content display, just a list if all documents that have been saved in the document library. how can i achieve this?

2. how do i impose a version control on all the documents within respective scopes? I did a test by uploading a document called test. and then i tried uploading again and an error came up - name already exist or something - which is great and it forces the user to rename but that's a manual version control. if say a document named test_v1 already exist and another user happened to upload something called test_version1, that's not good then. is there any way i can enforce a certain version control method in the document library?

thank you very much,
bav

Hi Bavani,

Please find the reply below:

(1) You can use Liferay's Document Library Display portlet to display list of documents uploaded in document library. You have to configure the root folder of which you want to display the documents. This is an instanciable portlet, so you can add as many portlets as you want.
(2) You can use Liferay's webdev feature. Check-out the document and then check-in again.
thumbnail
Drew Blessing, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: need help with content display and version control

Junior Member Beiträge: 78 Beitrittsdatum: 27.01.11 Neueste Beiträge
The Document Library has built in version control. To use this, instead of just uploading a new document with the same name (which fails as you said), follow these steps:

1. Go to the Control Panel -> Document Library
2. Find the document you wish to create a new version for.
3. Click "Edit"
4. Upload the new version

That's all there is to it.