Project Title #
Liferay has a collaboration suite of applications which include Blogs, Message Boards, Wiki, Calendar...etc
Sometimes users ask questions in the message boards that are already answered in other message, in a blog entry or in the wiki.
Use Cases #
When a user is adding a new message in the message boards, she will be displayed a list of related content (similar messages, blog entries or wiki pages with similar titles or content) so that she can consider reading those before posting the question.
When a user is reading a message in the message boards, there could be a "related content" box besides that points to blog entries, wiki pages, calendar events or other messages that may interest the user too.
The Problem #
Currently, there a lot of duplicated information and the related content are not linked.
The Solution #
Create a suggestions/related content taglib that can be used in different places around the portal to show suggestions or related content.
This taglib would be for suggestions when creating new content and for related content when viewing it. It should listen for the text that the user in entering and return a list of content with the url for finding them.
Skills Needed #
- Nice to have: Liferay
- Complete code changes to Liferay Portal 6.0.6 to implement the suggestions/related content taglib including:
- one example using the taglib for suggestions when creating content
- one example using the taglib for related content when viewing some content
- Unit tests for all new and changed code.
- Documentation required to integrate the taglib in other places in the portal
Related Issues #
External References #