This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
The Proposals Wiki has been deprecated in favor of creating Feature Requests in JIRA. If you wish to propose a new idea for a feature, visit the Community Ideas Dashboard and read the Feature Requests Wiki page for more information about submitting your proposal.
« Back to FrontPage
If there is a feature on this list that is important to you, please leave a comment stating so OR vote (thumbs up) for someone else's comment. The more votes a given feature has, the more likely it is to be included.
Please note: This is not to be confused with the Navigation PORTLET, which has its own page!
- Nav bar should be "skinnable" per instance, org, community, or group
- Make it easier to skin nav bar
- Have nav portlet check for icons and display them - No more hacking portlet.vm to include it
- Have standard CSS options for displaying icons - active, hover, etc.
- Ability to upload icons for each state from control panel
- Allow for uploading of background image for nav bar from control panel
- Allow for styling of text from control panel
- Ability combine icons & text