How to make a minimized Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 barebone installation for project startup
This is how to start a new Liferay project without getting stacktraces because of a missing user with the primary ID 2.
- Get the bundle. Start it, run the wizard, log in, etc. (see here, step 3)
- See you don't like the welcome-theme for your project and want every trace of it out of the DB by repopulating it from scratch.
- Shut down tomcat.
- Delete directory contents of data/, tomcat/work, tomcat/temp (and drop the database if you're not using HSQL)
- Do NOT delete portal-setup-wizard.properties
- Delete unneccessary plugin directories: tomcat/webapps/resources-importer-web and tomcat/webapps/welcome-theme
- Clear your browser cookies for the liferay domain!!!
- Start tomcat
- Navigate your browser to the new Liferay domain and log in
Default login data (if you did not change anything in the wizard): URL: http://localhost:8080/ User: "email@example.com" Password "test"
If you get a blank page on the liferay domain, you did not succeed in deleting your browser cookies! (See also in the Liferay Issue Tracker the ticket LPS-20237.)
You now have a blank Liferay installation where you could start your own project!