Facebook Event Integration
Project Title #
Facebook Events Integration
Liferay has an Calendar application which allows users to create events and export/import them in several formats. This calendars can be personal or can be shared with a group of users.
Use Cases #
A user could configure the Calendar application in a comunity to be synchronized with the Facebook events of his facebook user or a public page.
For example, there could be a Calendar application in the www.liferay.com website and the events of this Calendar could be synchronized with the Liferay page at facebook.
It could also be possible to enable syncronization for just one event. A user could create an event in Liferay and then she could "publish it to Facebook" to her profile page or to a public page (if she is the administrator).
The Problem #
Currently, events have to be created in both places (liferay and facebook) manually and are hard to maintain.
The Solution #
Modify Liferay's Calendar to support synchronization with the facebook events of the user profile or a public page.
It should be possible to display in liferay the list of attendees to the event and confirm your assistance to the event from liferay (this information will be saved in facebook if the user has a facebook account configured or in liferay it she hasn't).
Skills Needed #
- Nice to have: Liferay, Facebook API
- Complete code changes to Liferay Portal 6.0.6 to implement facebook events synchronization, including
- View list of people attending (both from facebook and liferay)
- Possibility to synchronize all the events of a community with all the events of a page (user profile or public page)
- Possibility to synchronize just one event.
- Unit tests for all new and changed code.
- Documentation required to use this option.
Related Issues #