If there is a feature on this list that is important to you, please leave a comment stating so OR vote (thumbs up) for someone else's comment. The more votes a given feature has, the more likely it is to be included.
If you think something is missing please feel free to add it in accordance with the guildelines on the front page.
I'm going to attempt to gather up and organize all of the calendar improvement threads.... If I've missed something or overlooked it, please feel free to add it in.
Reference posts - Please add any comments on this page -Reference posts - Please add any comments on this page -First Thread, Second Thread, Third Thread, Fourth Thread, Fifth Thread, Sixth Thread, Seventh Thread 8th Post 9 Post 10
- There should be a built in Calendar Admin role for approving, adding, updating, and removing events
- Calender Admin should be able to approve events to appear on their Group, Community, or Org calendar when requested by others.
- Calendars should be able to be moderated even for users within the Group, Community, or Org.
- Calendar should be able to be configured to only pull events with a specific tag and/or category
- Delegate managment of personal calendar to another user (e.g. Administrative Assistant)
- Have Resource Calenadars (things like meeting rooms, projectors, presentation equipment) that won't necessarily be associated with a given user but will be managed by at least one.
- Conflict resolution
- Meeting Scheduling
- Ability to check free/busy time on another user's calendar
- Event Owner should be displayed
- Mutliple Delete for events
- The tab Events should be configurable to hide bygone events
- The tab Events should be configurable in regard to which columns (fields) are displayed
- other Calendars should be added to a Calender, to view in one Calendar the shared Events of configured Calendars from community, group, organisation, other users, etc.
- Event types should be managed dynamically
- Event types should be able to be shared across communities
- Event types should be able to be editied at several levels. Some event types will be specific to a Group, Community or sub-org while others will be Org-wide.
- When a user adds an event to their personal calendar, they should be able to specific the other calendars it will be added to, if any (Group, Community, Org)
- Ability for a user to create a personal view of a calendar (see voting below)
- Once a user requests to add an event to a calendar, the Calendar Admin should have to approve it before it will appear.
- Org. Calendar Admins should be able to "push" events on to calendars for Groups, Communities, and sub-Orgs.
- The ability to delete a single occurence of a recurring event without having to delete all the recurring events.
- Events should have the ability to have a location
- Events should be able to be tagged and categorized [Update: done for Liferay 6.0 - Juan Fernández]
- Events should be able to be made private and not shared at all.
- Events should be able to require a user to be authenticated with the approrpriate rights in order to see the event. (like Document permissions)
- Add ability to have an event point to a link or Web Content Article. So when you click the event it will take you to a page that is already publicizing the event and has more info than what an event description can provide.
- Attach images, documents, etc to an event
Event Entry (see post below)
- Location for event
- Ability to require RSVP either via link to a form or via email before exporting event
- Allow association with a thumbnail to be displayed on the event list (e.g. logo or small jpg of invitation, etc.)
- Events should start at start time and end at an end time. The event should be viewable during this period.
Event Import & Export
- The ability to purge duplicate events on import
- The ability to specify which events to export (for example, only events added today to be exported for importation into another calendar)
- Dynamic import/export of events from/to ical-feeds.
- PDA Connectors (Mobile Windows, Crackberry, Android, iPhone)
- Outlook and Thunderbird Connectors
- maybe the integration of CalDAV and/or syncml
Calendar Event Notification
- Ability to sign up to get alerts for *newly added* events
Bug Fix -
Imported events don't expire properly
Community proposals already implemented
DONE Allow WYSIWYG editor for calendar events (See LPS)
Community suggestions added to the current roadmap (Liferay 6.1)
Produce iCal feeds from the Calendar
Subscribe to iCal calendars
Ability to see multiple schedules within a single view
Synchronize with external calendar resources
Integrate with Virtual Meeting Places
Calendar administration portlet
Purge duplicate events on import
Selective export: the ability to specify which events to export (for example, only events added today to be exported for importation into another calendar)
Calendar subscription: ability to sign up to get alerts for newly added events
Add event search in the calendar portlet
Several days events