Web Content Management Portlet
Alternative Languages: 日本語
The Web Content Management portlet is a core Liferay portlet. It is accessible through the Control Panel and offers a full suite of tools to manage structured and unstructured content to be published in a web site.
- Multi-language: each content can be entered in as many languages as desired
- Simple approval workflow
- Scheduled publishing
- Define the fields of the web content by creating structures. This can be done in the following ways:
- Through a web UI
- By uploading an XML file
- Editing the XML file with a desktop application through WebDAV
- Define the look of the custom structures by using Velocity or XSL templates. This can be done in the following ways:
- Using an integrated web editor
- By uploading the template file once finished
- Editing the template file with a desktop application through WebDAV
- Dynamic publishing (see related portlets in the References section)
Related Portlets #
The following portlets can be used to publish web content:
- Web Content List: Displays a dynamic list of all Journal articles for a given Community. List can include the top articles by creation date, publication date, title, or other criteria and will automatically update when new articles are added to the CMS.
- Web Content Display: This portlet can be used to publish any article from the Journal CMS on a portal page. These portlets comprise most of the content on Liferay.com and other Liferay-driven websites, and can be arranged on a page with the convenient drag and drop feature of Liferay.
- Asset Publisher: Allows users to publish any type of content in your portal as if it were a Web Content. It allows filtering either through a set of publishing rules or by manual selection.