This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to FrontPage
Speed up development via velocity (Web content Structure + Templates)
One of the best features to speed up development (Velocity ) when working with web content especially Structures and Templates is using WebDav
Just a clue on how to do it:-#
- Setup webDav as described in this link [Accessing the Document Library with WebDAV|http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Accessing+the+Document+Library+with+WebDAV]
- Create a mapped Drive to structure / template folder of you Liferay setup. (To do this just go to any of the structure / templates , copy the webDAV url, and remove the last parameter (that is the id of the particular structure / template).
- Open the mapped drive and you'll see the list of structures / templates.
- Open the one you want to edit in any of the editors you your choice. (Notepad++ works fine for me)
- Edit structure / velocity code of the template
- Refresh the page where web content using that particular structure / template is placed and you'll be able to see your changes.