This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to Portlets
Software Catalog Portlet
The Software Catalog portlet allows building a catalog of sofware products and make them available to the visitors of the site. For example, it is used at liferay.com to show the Liferay plugins available.
- License management
- Framework management: very useful when the software product runs on top of a give framework such as a portal, an app server, an operating system, ...
- Ability to specify a direct download link or a download page (this portlet does not offer the ability to upload software artifacts)
- Support for allowing users to register their products
- Support for tracking of product versions
- Export of Liferay's liferay-plugin-repository.xml for the whole repository or for specific versions of it
- Integration with Liferay's permission system