Reset the Admin Password
This page describes how to reset the admin password. This article includes a plugin hook by a community member for resetting the administrator password, though it is not officially supported.
Official Method #
Manually edit the database (User_ table) to reset the administrator password.
Unofficial Method - Plugin Hook #
To change the password for your user, you need to do this:
- Download the attached war file
- Open it (it's a zip file)
- Edit the password.changer.properties file in the WEB-INF/classes directory
- Deploy the war file into the deploy directory of liferay (with tomcat it's deploy)
- Wait 10-20 seconds and try to log in with the new password
UNDEPLOY THE PLUGIN, or it will change the password next time you restart your liferay
This plugin is written by a community member and has not been officially tested. Don't use this on a production site without backup.