This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to Search
Pluggable Enterprise Search with GSA
- Allow the GSA to crawl the portal as a "SE User" with rights to read all content in all communities.
- Deploy the GSA portlet
- Deploy the Liferay GSA Authorization SPI module
- use IFrame portlet to fwd search request directly to the GSA or use portlet to submit WS request to GSA
- GSA will execute search and contact the Liferay GSA authorization SPI to check permissions
- Liferay will tell GSA which content are valid for return.
- GSA returns search XML (or renders HTML if using IFrame).
We will be providing this integration most likely in the 6.1 EE release.