The Meetups portlet allows you to post events for which users can register. The Meetups portlet is a part of the Social Networking plugin in 6.x; in versions prior to 6.x it is a part of the World of Liferay plugin.
The Meetups portlet is already contained in the Liferay distribution.
- Place the meetup portlet on a page.
- Ensure the privileges are set so the correct people can create meetups and the correct people can register to them.
- Create a meetup. Fill in the required fields. Everything can be edited at a later stage.
- How will other people see the date for the meetup?
- Are there lists or other sorts of overview for big numbers of meetups?
- Are there comfirmation mails or else?