This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to Development
Each page linked here needs updating. See Wiki - Need Updating
This article explains how to set up a development environment that allows you to examine and modify Liferay's source code. For OS-specific instructions, see:
- Development Environment (Fedora Linux)
- Development Environment (Mac OS X)
- Development Environment (Ubuntu Linux)
- Development Environment (Windows)
- Java 5.0+
- Ant 1.7+
- SVN client (SmartSVN, TortoiseSVN, command line tool or an integrated IDE that supports SVN).
Related Articles #