This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to Development
Almost all development on Liferay will be viewed by users of a variety of browsers. What tools are available to help make that job easier?
- Use the following Firefox add-ons
Internet Explorer #
- Test across multiple versions. There are various options on any operating system to run multiple versions of IE:
- Use the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar
- Now available for Mac OS X and Windows
- Enable debug menu. In Terminal application, type defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1 and restart Safari. With the release of Safari 3.0, if the debug menu is enabled, you will be given a new option to open a Web Inspector, a new powerful debugging tool developed by Apple:
- Find other useful extensions at Pimp My Safari.
General Tools #