Continuous Integration Server for Developers
Basic info #
The server is accesible in the url http://ci.liferay.org.es/jenkins/ (click here). The username and the password are provided in the document Liferay Product Engineering Process
How it works? #
At the time of this writing the server perform the next steps:
- Every 15 minutes it checks for new commits in liferay/liferay-portal/master (Liferay Github)
- If the previous step detects that new commits are present since the last build, pull of all them to the local git repo.
- Clean all the repo and compile it again (ant clean all). JSPs precompile is done.
- Once the previous step has finished the server executes all the tests (integration and unit): ant test-integration test-unit
- All the results are collected and published in a graph.
If everything is fine (all the test are passed) the build will have a green ball. If some test has failed the green will be yellow. If something is wrong (compile problem is the most common use case) the ball will be red.
Should I skip the emails from Jenkins? #
No. You should receive a mail if the build which brokes the process includes some of your commits. You can receive two different kind of emails, depending on the history of the job:
If the build has failed you should receive an email with something very similar to this:
If the build keeps failing you could receive an email with something close to this:
In both cases you can find if your commit has broken the build.
Next steps? #
At the time of this writing the tests (integration) are executed against MySQL and there is a job (which right now is no sending notifications) running against PostgresSQL.
In addition to the testing process the CI servers deploys, every Sunday, the latest succesfull build, in http://master.liferay.org.es