This wiki does not contain official documentation and is currently deprecated and read only. Please try reading the documentation on the Liferay Developer Network, the new site dedicated to Liferay documentation. DISCOVER Build your web site, collaborate with your colleagues, manage your content, and more. DEVELOP Build applications that run inside Liferay, extend the features provided out of the box with Liferay's APIs. DISTRIBUTE Let the world know about your app by publishing it in Liferay's marketplace. PARTICIPATE Become a part of Liferay's community, meet other Liferay users, and get involved in the open source project.
« Back to Web Content...
Web Content Localization #
In order to localize a piece of Web Content in Liferay, you have to:
- Go to the edit view of the Web Content (e.g. by searching it in the Web Content Management portlet and clicking Actions->Edit)
- Select target language from the "Language" combo box.
- For pieces of content which have custom structure assigned, you have to check the "Localized"
- You may also select default language for the Web Content with a combo box next to the "Language" combo box. Default language decides, which language version will be presented to the user if there is none matching their language.
- Save the Web Content.
To test the localized Web Content just switch to a different language, e.g. by selecting appropriate language with the Language portlet.
- You can't localize the Abstract section or the Name field in the piece of Web Content (which makes Liferay l10n features quite useless for the Asset Publisher portlet)