Asset Publisher Portlet
Alternative Languages: 日本語
This portlet used to be called "Tagged Content" portlet prior to Liferay 4.3.5.
The Asset Publisher is a very flexible tool to publish many types of contents. It allows showing lists of web contents, blog entries, images, documents, bookmarks, wiki pages... Each element of the list might be shown as a mere title, a summary (aka abstract), or even in full details etc.
Asset Publisher also allows the end user to click an asset to see it in full detail, or even for some asset types (blogs, wiki pages, forums, ...) to be forwarded to the original context which originated the content.
Asset Publisher debuted around version 4.4 of Liferay and has been matured since then including a set of significant improvements in version 5.2 which make it a very useful tool for web publishing.
- Support for several type of list displays:
- Dynamic selection based on:
- Tags that an asset has
- Tags that an asset doesn't have
- Asset type
- Manual selection of assets
- Support for grouping the assets of the list by tag
- Flexible selection of metadata information to be shown
- Tag based navigation (new in 5.2)
- Category based navigation (new in 5.3)
- Quick creation and edition of assets
- Support for rating of assets
- Support for commenting the assets
- Configurable display options
List of assets displayed as a list of abstracts
List of assets displayed as a table
From liferay5.2 these options are available in the configuration view for the assets to display:
And from the display settings:
- Order by different columns
- Maximun items to display
- Metadata (author, date of publishing, tags... )
- Asset link behaviour: This option lets you decide what happens when a user clicks on an asset. He may be shown the content right where he is or he may be taken to the page where the content was published originally.
Depending of the view you will have more options:
- Length of the abstract
- Full content
- Show the title of the asset
- Show the link to the original context
As of Liferay 5.2.x, the list of displays (table, list, abstract and full content) is easily modified.
Any of these display styles can be modified using the Extension Environment to override the files in portal-web/docroot/html/portlet/asset_publisher/display
Also, new display styles can be added following these steps:
- Add the new style to this property in portal-ext.properties: asset.publisher.display.styles=table,title-list,abstracts,full-content,my-style
- Add a jsp file with the same name (changing hyphens for underscores) to the folder display shown above in the Extension Environment, in the example: ext-web/docroot/html/portlet/asset_publisher/display/my_style.jsp
- The new style will be available from the configuration view.
Versions previous to 6.0GA present the following limitation: If this portlet has been configured to use manual selection of assets, it won't work normally when using staging or remote publishing.