Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Timo Pick March 23, 2009 6:44 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Amos Fong March 24, 2009 5:03 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Timo Pick March 25, 2009 2:53 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Hoppy Patterson May 2, 2009 9:04 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Timo Pick May 6, 2009 1:11 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Mika Koivisto May 7, 2009 5:57 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Hoppy Patterson May 7, 2009 7:00 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Timo Pick May 22, 2009 1:58 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Lisa Simpson September 11, 2009 12:46 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Mika Koivisto September 12, 2009 5:13 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Denis O'Sullivan September 13, 2009 1:38 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Mika Koivisto September 14, 2009 12:31 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Denis O'Sullivan September 14, 2009 10:37 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Daniel Harvey November 20, 2009 11:54 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Lisa Simpson December 2, 2009 8:00 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Mika Koivisto December 2, 2009 8:11 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Lisa Simpson December 4, 2009 11:23 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Eugene Strokin February 22, 2010 5:56 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Lisa Simpson February 23, 2010 7:12 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Juan Fernández February 23, 2010 7:16 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Lisa Simpson February 23, 2010 7:22 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Eugene Strokin February 23, 2010 12:05 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Mika Koivisto February 23, 2010 12:37 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Eugene Strokin February 23, 2010 1:19 PM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Rajagopal Baskaran February 21, 2011 4:30 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Juan Fernández February 21, 2011 5:43 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Aritz Galdos February 21, 2011 8:56 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Rajagopal Baskaran February 24, 2011 12:33 AM
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet Milan Palian March 20, 2011 12:37 PM
Timo Pick
Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet
March 23, 2009 6:44 AM
Answer

Timo Pick

Recent Posts

Hi *,

I'm currently evaluating the Liferay Message Board Portlet for my company. In general, it meets many of our requirements.
Only one feature is missing: Pre-Moderated Posts - meaning that posts must be explicitly approved by a moderator before they are visible to other users. Somewhat similar to the approval mechanism in the Journal Portlet. If this is not already worked on, I think that I can implement and provide a patch.

Best regards,
Timo
Amos Fong
RE: Pre-Moderated Threads in Message Board Portlet
March 24, 2009 5:03 PM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Timo,

This feature is not available out of the box. If you create it that would be great! The best way to submit your code would be to go to http://issues.liferay.com and create a ticket.

See this wiki
Timo Pick
March 25, 2009 2:53 AM
Answer

Timo Pick

Recent Posts

There's already a request in the tracker: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LEP-3362
I've asked the original poster to assign the issue to me.
Hoppy Patterson
May 2, 2009 9:04 PM
Answer

Hoppy Patterson

Recent Posts

Hi Timo,

Are you now involved in building message board moderation?

I am quite surprised this basic requirement is missing from an enterprise portal framework and it means I will have to pass up updating our current CMS to Liferay and choose something else. I am very disappointed about this as I spent alot of time testing aspects of Liferay on my local machine only to find this essential component appears to be missing.

If you are involved, any chance of a release within 2 months? Lol.

Regards, Hoppy
Timo Pick
May 6, 2009 1:11 AM
Answer

Timo Pick

Recent Posts

Hi Hoppy,

I've finished implementing the changes to support moderation. I'm currently checking with the customer if the changes can go into the upstream. If so, we'll have moderated messageboards in much less than 2 months ;)

Best regards,
Timo
Mika Koivisto
May 7, 2009 5:57 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Great Timo. I will gladly help you get your changes integrated into Liferay svn if you get the go ahead from your customer. Please add your patch to the issue LEP-3362.

Do you have any screenshots you could share of the UI changes you did for the moderation?
Hoppy Patterson
May 7, 2009 7:00 PM
Answer

Hoppy Patterson

Recent Posts

Awesome.
Timo Pick
May 22, 2009 1:58 AM
Answer

Timo Pick

Recent Posts

Hi guys,

I have attached the patch to LEP-3362. I'd be happy to see the change going upstream for the next release. Mika, I'd be glad if you could help me with that.

Usage:
-Categories can now be marked as 'moderated' in the 'Edit category'
-In moderated categories, messages sent by normal users are invisible for other normal users. Moderators (Users with the 'Approve message' permission) see the content of the messages.
-A moderator may use the 'Approve' link directly in the thread view or go to the 'Unapproved' tab to approve or delete messages in a bulk.
-Editing an existing message requires reapproval.

All the best,
Timo
Lisa Simpson
September 11, 2009 12:46 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

How much of this would work for moderating comments on the blog, wiki, etc???
Mika Koivisto
September 12, 2009 5:13 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

That is what I'm driving for.
Denis O'Sullivan
September 13, 2009 1:38 PM
Answer

Denis O'Sullivan

Recent Posts

Hi, we're very interested in using this enhancement. Am using Liferay 5.2.4 EE. However, when I add a Category to a MB, I don't see an option to mark a Category as moderated.
Is it in 5.2.4 and if so, how exactly do I navigate to set this option for a category?

Timo Pick:
Hi guys,

I have attached the patch to LEP-3362. I'd be happy to see the change going upstream for the next release. Mika, I'd be glad if you could help me with that.

Usage:
-Categories can now be marked as 'moderated' in the 'Edit category'
-In moderated categories, messages sent by normal users are invisible for other normal users. Moderators (Users with the 'Approve message' permission) see the content of the messages.
-A moderator may use the 'Approve' link directly in the thread view or go to the 'Unapproved' tab to approve or delete messages in a bulk.
-Editing an existing message requires reapproval.

All the best,
Timo
Mika Koivisto
September 14, 2009 12:31 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Denis, this feature is still under development. I'm hoping to get it into 5.3.0 version. I expect to have it in trunk by the end of this week.
Denis O'Sullivan
September 14, 2009 10:37 AM
Answer

Denis O'Sullivan

Recent Posts

ok Mika, thanks for the replay. Is there a target date for 5.3.0?

Am wondering if there's another way in Liferay to get us the functionality we need.
We want our users to be able to submit questions to customer service. Then customer service needs to be able to view these and reply to users.We'd like the conversation to be private (but an option to make public would be a "nice to have"). It's ok to require users to login to post however we'd also like an option to not require login to do a post.
The Message Board moderated category seemed like a fit.

Until that's change is ready, is there any other control in Liferay you can recommend we look at which may fit our needs?
Daniel Harvey
November 20, 2009 11:54 PM
Answer

Daniel Harvey

Recent Posts

Just touching base as I've seen no recent activity on this. Any update on a target date?
Lisa Simpson
December 2, 2009 8:00 AM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

I was told not to expect 5.3 until mid-2010. If that follows Liferay's usual development time line changes, it will be this time next year. ;) IMHO, they are quite ambitious with their time lines. My personal preference would be to have them set further out and be realistic. I think the community here understands that the Liferay team is fairly small and that we're getting an awesome product for free.
Mika Koivisto
December 2, 2009 8:11 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The backend required for pre moderation is done and will be in 5.3. Unfortunately I've been too busy with more pressing matters to do the required UI changes. If anyone is able to help with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Lisa Simpson
December 4, 2009 11:23 AM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

If I could, I would help you :/ I know it's hard work and you guys really do a lot
Eugene Strokin
February 22, 2010 5:56 AM
Answer

Eugene Strokin

Recent Posts

Hello,.. this feature is very critical for many of us. I've downloaded the nightly build (6.0) and still don't see it. Is any plan to add it soon?
Thx for replay.
Lisa Simpson
February 23, 2010 7:12 AM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

If it's important to you, I strongly suggest that you go to the Proposals Wiki and vote for it there.
Juan Fernández
February 23, 2010 7:16 AM
Answer

Juan Fernández

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Lisa:
you're posting this text in several places and the url is not correct
The correct url is this one: http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals
Regards
Juan Fernández
Lisa Simpson
February 23, 2010 7:22 AM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

I'm pasting it right out of my browser's address bar.... I navigated to the wiki and then clicked on Proposals and that's what it gives me.
Eugene Strokin
February 23, 2010 12:05 PM
Answer

Eugene Strokin

Recent Posts

Done,.. I've voted for pre-moderation/special moderator role.
But since the patch is ready, why it would be a problem just have what we already could have?
Mika Koivisto
February 23, 2010 12:37 PM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

If you are referring to the patch contributed by Timo it does not really work properly and scalable manner. Most of the backend is implemented but it is still missing some pieces that I haven't had time to figure out a satisfactory implementation strategy.
Eugene Strokin
February 23, 2010 1:19 PM
Answer

Eugene Strokin

Recent Posts

Yes,. I was referring to that patch. Thanks for the replay. Could you say what chances do we have to see it in 6.0 release?
We really need to make a decision now what direction we are moving, and this feature is critical.

Thanks for your hard work and contribution to the community anyway emoticon
Rajagopal Baskaran
February 21, 2011 4:30 AM
Answer

Rajagopal Baskaran

Recent Posts

Hello,

Is there any updates for Blog/MB Moderator ?

I don't see this feature in liferay-portal-5.2.3, any updates or any patch available to avail this feature ?

Thanks,
Rajagopal Baskaran
Juan Fernández
February 21, 2011 5:43 AM
Answer

Juan Fernández

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Implemented via workflow in Liferay 6.0
Aritz Galdos
February 21, 2011 8:56 AM
Answer

Aritz Galdos

Recent Posts

Great;

I didn´t realize about that and a client asked for this feature.

Great to know that Juan!
Rajagopal Baskaran
February 24, 2011 12:33 AM
Answer

Rajagopal Baskaran

Recent Posts

Hello,

Its good to have workflow feature in LR 6.0, But I have issues as below.

1. When I have multiple administrator/Portlet worflow reviewer, when the MB/blog being posted , the email is being sent to all the admin/reviewer not just for only reviewer or admin who belongs to specific blog of MB.

If there is any configuration needs to be done in order to fire email to only to specific admin of portal content reviewer(with workflow feature). kindly guide me how to doing it.

2. I need to have ability for the registered user to post the comments for blog, as of now this only possible in Message Board.

Again If there is any configuration needs to be done.

Thanks in Advance...
Milan Palian
March 20, 2011 12:37 PM
Answer

Milan Palian

Recent Posts

Rajagopal Baskaran:

2. I need to have ability for the registered user to post the comments for blog, as of now this only possible in Message Board.

Again If there is any configuration needs to be done.

The Proposal Wiki (-/wiki/Proposals/Blog+Improvements) says this has been implemented:

"DONE Ability to moderate comments, Ability to have moderated posts: this can be done by using workflow from Liferay 6.0"

We also need this feature, it is really a requirement for any new public-facing blog. Are there any news on this?